New World (Amazon's MMO)

Raise your voice in supplication, beg if you have to, even if we can get a server closer to home rather than in our pillaged country:

3 Likes

And now we have to wait another month, release date is now 28th September. Oh well

1 Like

I guess it’s a tough call for any developer to make - launch as scheduled and take flak for the issues for the first month before you can get things patched. Or take flak when you delay launching for a month to smash more bugs and deliver a better game all round. Hopefully.

1 Like

I agree, I would rather wait for a better product. Been burned too many times by the day 1 launch hype

2 Likes

I wonder how much actual effort it would be for Amazon to host an SA server, what with there being an AWS Cape Town Data Centre.

2 Likes

Open beta from the 9th - 12th September. Anyone can join, no need to buy the game. It happens through the Steam playtest feature.

Although this bit makes me think South Africans will not be able to. I won’t be doing it. Already tested all I needed to know about it.

The Open Beta test will utilize Steam’s new Playtest feature, which allows all interested players in our supported regions to request access to the test, for free.

3 Likes

Im trying to figure out how to sign up for it

You click the button, and then you do the thing, and then you do the dingis, and then the thingymajig does its thing, and then :cake:

2 Likes

We definitely should be able to… Playtesting worked for me when I tested it late last year.

New Steam Playtest feature now live - Gaming - Most Epic Win

Don’t see why they would have removed SA as a “supported region”.

You sign up with patience. :stuck_out_tongue:

From 16:00 SAST on 8 September, visit the New World Steam Store page, and you should see a button similar to this:

Hit that and you’ll get an email notification when you’ve been given access, and the Store page button will change to something like this:

Mason Playtest notification

2 Likes

Beta Access Requests are now available on the New World Steam store page:

Request Access then keep an eye on your email in the next few days for confirmation:

FYI @Wyvern

1 Like

To be honest, I think I am over the MMO world, its sad

1 Like

In my inbox this morning:

Don’t have near enough time for it at the moment, but it’s good to know the system is working.

1 Like

Also not going to play it, it will take me as long as the beta is on to download it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We are almost to release! I am excited

2 Likes

I too have been invited, downloading now, should be done by the end of the day

1 Like

I am going to have a 6 week sick leave in December, me and this game are going to become good friends as soon as I can sit in a chair.

1 Like

am I doing something wrong here, I booted up the game, but there are no worlds to join on any of the servers

EDIT: Never mind, I am an idiot, it only starts at 4:00 PM

1 Like

Good luck, let us know what your ping is like and how it played at that ping. I am hoping they did some magic on the netcode to make it more lag friendly.

It is live it seems, I could stream on discord if anyone wants to take a look

EDIT: Whelp saw this coming…

So how was it? What ping did you play with and how did you find it?

1 Like

I did not play much, basically played until I died.

Has potential, unfortunately since the closest server is EU, I could only play at 200ms ping. Which unfortunately makes the combat very difficult since it revolves around blocking and dodging, it’s not like other MMOs where parry,block, and evasion is done automatically based on stats and talents. I tried going for an Archer build, but unfortunately arrows are scarce, and I could not find a bird creature to get feathers to craft more, I simply had to loot around to get more.

Now let’s go to the game excluding combat:

There is a faction system, which is basically the games way of introducing PVP. Something that irked me regarding the factions were that two factions basically used the same NPC and both of them were like Cultist/Disciple like, even though their apparent slogans are different.

World is very beautiful, leveling is interesting, instead of gaining abilities as you level, you gain them by using your weapons, each weapon then has it’s own set of unique skills that you can unlock, very guild wars 2 style which I like. Leveling normally does however give you attribute points, these points are then put in stats that increase weapon damage, with one stat increasing health. Since the game uses a stamina system for blocking and dodging, I would like to see a stat for stamina, but as of what I saw I cannot increase my stamina bar, not sure if there is a way to increase it later. But as of level 10 I was not able to.

So the game is not bad, but unfortunately until we get an African based server, the combat just isn’t nice and it’s very much a large part of the game