Base a game on a historical figure

Lets say you had to base a game on a historical figure, who would you base it on and what genre would it be?

I thought a game based around Vlad the Impaler could be interesting. Either as a RPG or a strategy game.

2 Likes

How would a strategy game about Vlad work though? Would he act as a commander of armies or something? An RPG would work, as would a third person hack ‘n slash, ala Devil May Cry.

I had in mind something like Crusader Kings.

Jack the Ripper…

Erm, maybe not…

This would be an easy one:

Vasily Grigoryevich Zaytsev (23 March 1915 – 15 December 1991) was a Soviet sniper and a Hero of the Soviet Union during World War II. Prior to 10 November 1942, he killed 32 Axis soldiers with a standard-issue rifle. Between 10 November 1942 and 17 December 1942, during the Battle of Stalingrad, he killed 225 enemy soldiers, including 11 snipers.

It would pretty much be Sniper Elite.

Any of these guys would do too - 10 Deadliest Snipers of WWII

As in Enemy at the Gates?

Yep the movie was based on the historical figure. Sadly the duel between the 2 snipers was a propagandist fabrication it seems.

I think COD World at War had a Soviet mission strikingly similar to the start of Enemy at the Gates

There was a FMV game in the 90s called Ripper, featuring a bunch of high profile actors. It wasn’t half bad to be honest…