Beating Off 2.0

Pretty sure the 10,000 post maximum is a Discourse default (at least it was a few years ago.) Not sure if it can be changed manually. Long threads had big performance issues, especially for mobile browsers. Someone with admin access could check for an “auto close topics” setting to see if it can be turned off.

Okay hold one, let me pull some stats together…

You Hold one.
I will make sure to hold two!

Its cos you sang the doom song. Told you it would work

1 Like

I hate to point out your user name.

1 Like

With one hand, while hold a phone with the other and talking to a colleague, and doing a different thing with my other hands at the same time.

1 Like

Ahhh… Yes all while beating off! WP

1 Like

Well, you know what they say… when in Beating Off 2.0,… .

1 Like

HIER KOM JAN!!!

Aaaaand @Wyvern is the first threadkiller of Most Epic Win!

I mean… Let’s all sing the doom song!

4 Likes

And my work is done :smiley:
ALso Flex - I have no idea how to convince the forum that you are not talking bullshit

2 Likes

This is like a whole forum, in real life Mafia.

##Voteandban @Wyvern

4 Likes

Me? BS?
NEVER!

1 Like

Okay so the previous thread have been serving us well for 299 days. It gathered 10012 posts, for an average post per day of 33

In comparison, if we compare it to TK’s of a time forgotten, our previous thread would be 3rd slowest general discussion thread.

At a damn staggering 71 posts at the time of writing, this new Beatoff place has gathered enough posts day one to put is on the same activity levels of TK’s of about 4 years ago. If we reach more than 100 posts today, we will see the most active start to a general discussion thread since 23 November 2014.

6 Likes

P.S. I told you all about the (likely) 10,000 post maximum waaay back. If there isn’t a post somewhere in the archives, then maybe in a MEWME.

So we get to keep our threadkiller tradition :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is there a way tho to maybe let one or 2 word replies be a thing?

1 Like

Was that a challenge I smelled?

i can see those numbers made you slightly hard

4 Likes

I feel like we have been lied to!

1 Like

Only slightly? I’m rocking a full semi here where I sit!!

4 Likes