Beating Off 2.0

Snowflake generation.

1 Like

Thatā€™s really bad Wyv. I canā€™t believe parents are doing that.

Alsoā€¦ where are the young people? On all the forums that I visit, itā€™s normally older people who are active on the forums.

2 Likes

Jirre I am getting close to slapping someone

According to the very thorough research that I didnā€™t do, they are at school playing Fortnite and not doing maths

3 Likes

snapchats?

3 Likes

At this moment hopefully at school.

3 Likes

I think i am one of the youngest ones here, and the only reason i have so much time is because this business is going under and no jobs are coming in.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s plausible dude cause I think Iā€™m the youngest here but shhhh

2 Likes

I was just thinking this today, but in the ā€œgame journalistā€ sense.

Does anyone know of any young 'uns (in South Africa, but elsewhere as well) that are starting up their own sites to write about games and stuff?

Back in my day weā€™d call it a blog. Not sure what the whippersnappers heading out of high school would call it nowadays.

3 Likes

theyā€™re on the You Tubes doing unboxing videos and trying to be edgy influencers on that instatelegram thing.

3 Likes

itā€™s just sad sometimes

4 Likes

This is what it sounded like when I wanted to get on the internet in my youth.

Now itā€™s all draadloos and instant on your phone

3 Likes
2 Likes

Still gets me when they talk about wifi as beeing the internet.

Ask someone here at work if he had a wisp or adsl line and he tuned me he had wifi. Wanted to facepalm so hard.

2 Likes

iā€™m still wrapping my head around this newfangled thing called electricity

3 Likes

Youā€™ve just got to ask the right questions.

When I get asked why the wifi isnā€™t working, it could be:

1. The wifi really isnā€™t working
  2. Generally the lines are down so no internet
  3. They canā€™t get onto the sever
3 Likes

im not an accountant, i dont even like doing accounts and yet i seem to know more about accounts than the people dealing with accounts whoā€™s been doing it for years on a daily basis afaik.

2 Likes

You youngsters had it so easy! In my youth we made do with a empty can of Koo peach halves on one end of a piece of string and an All-gold baked beans can on the other. :older_man:

2 Likes

Rich people here with their canned peachesā€¦

4 Likes

Walked to school without shoes in 40 degree weather on tar uphill both ways without water 10km each trip. Or at least thatā€™s what Iā€™ll tell my kid

3 Likes