Best & Most Random of Your Reddit Feed

TIL The code from the Matrix is actually a sushi recipe the production designer, Simon Whiteley, scanned from one of his wife’s Japanese cookbooks.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Wow, this is damn brutal

TIL as part of pre-Columbian Aztec child sacrifices, children were required to cry so their tears would wet the earth to appease the Aztec deity; if they didn’t cry, priests would tear out their fingernails before the sacrifice to trigger crying

For @murfle

2 Likes

Hahaha, he’s got a 'stache!

A little too accurate for comfort…

That’s one way to get rid of the giant tree blocking your view…

1 Like

Haha, this is so true.

TIL that, after the Norman Conquest of England, nobles referred to the meat they ate in French, but the peasants who raised animals for meat referred to them in Anglo-Saxon. This is why modern English has words such as beef and pork for meat, but cow and pig for the animals it comes from.

2 Likes

That is quite an interesting and enlightening little factoid.

3 Likes

Why youtube was really down today.

1 Like

Oh I didnt know it was off

Didn’t know either but there where lots of people complaining so it must have been.

Here’s a direct link to the gif:

(Which is not showing on my end for some reason? So try this: https://media.giphy.com/media/5UI35HRhGGut4aVXMu/giphy.gif )

1 Like

The first space selfie was taken by Buzz Aldrin exactly 52 years ago today during the Gemini XII mission
from r/space)

28,563 votes and 454 comments so far on Reddit

3 Likes

A man ahead of his time.

Imagine the moon landings happened today - it would be a live stream event!

1 Like

TIL A Japanese rail company has apologised after a train left a station 25 seconds early. The operator said, “the great inconvenience we placed upon our customers was truly inexcusable”

(https://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/9wyz4w/til_a_japanese_rail_company_has_apologised_after/)

2 Likes

Not the first time i have seen stories like this, really love Japan.

Fun fact: if you go onto radio.garden and tune into one of the radio stations in japan, one of them has english presenters

2,082 votes and 87 comments so far on Reddit

4 Likes