Board games: do you play them and if so what kind of board games do you like?

I know exactly what you mean! I love board games, but seldom play because of no one to play with (well actually because I seldom have time, but whatever).

I love:
Settlers of Catan
Settlers of Catan 2 player card game
30 Seconds
Monopoly (but no one wants to play this with me…)
Chess (I log into ChessCube daily, but haven’t played online in ages, and haven’t touched a physical piece in about 10 years).
Civilizations: A New Dawn. Only played it a couple of times, but really enjoyed it.

I infrequently play some sort of mobile scrabble game against my siblings.
My I play Rummikup too frequently (read: about once a year) because my wife enjoys it…

2 Likes

Haven’t played anything in forever. I think I’ve even forgotten how to play monopoly.

1 Like

I actually Love read RPG Table Top games. BUT I do not have any people in my are to really play with.
I have WoW Miniatures board game as well that I want to start playing again. And then would love to get into a Local DnD party. For now watching Cricital role will have to do :frowning:

1 Like

Some many, and I love gaming (in all forms)

Some favorites :

• Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game
  • Cluedo
  • The Mad Magazine Game
  • The Settlers of Catan
  • Ticket to Ride
  • XCOM : The Board Game
  • The Great Train Robbery
  • A Game of Thrones
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization: The Board Game

Besides those I also enjoy D&D, Magic: The Gathering and Warhammer

1 Like

I want to slowly but surely aquire more board games, baught King of Tokyo last year, and it was really fun, quick rounds and very easy to understand and learn

I dont do roleplaying at all - Im terrible at it.

I also don’t play any DND

But I looooooooooooooove my Firefly Board game :smiley:

Have you tried Firefly Fluxx yet? It’s a fun spin-off from the original Fluxx game (and quite cheap)

1 Like

Nope I havent seen it yet, lemme google

My manners seems to be missing… lol.
Hi guys, just joined here. :slight_smile:

For those who feel alone with regards to boardgames, there are monthly Boardgame Parties hosted by Timeless Boardgames, one near Edenvale and one in Pretoria somewhere.

Some of my favourites… but I also never have people to play with.
Small World
Fluxx (Card game)
Nuts (Card game)
Muchkin
And Terraforming Mars… but I can’t afford that yet.

1 Like

@foozball3000 Who goes there? Not sure I know who you are :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome. :smiley:

Howzit and welcome bud.

@Flex few people know who I am and live to tell the tale. :frowning:
The Edenvale one is massive and quite crowded, I haven’t been to the PTA one yet. But been meaning to go.

@czc yololololoooo worked quite well. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I guess we’ll just have to try a Most Epic Win Boardgame Day one day.

1 Like

If anyone is looking at starting with non main stream gaming and wanting to get into something really good and not intimidating, try Dominion. It is a card game with simple rules but amazing amount of replay-ability and deep strategy.

It is a game where you start with 10 cards in your deck and through the game build it up. Very interesting concept.

2 Likes

I know this man!

I know this man too!

Who is this man?

I demand to know as well!!!

1 Like

Welcome @foozball3000!

Please go post everything about yourself here: https://community.mostepic.win/t/introduce-yourself/

That includes a selfie and pin numbers and such.

1 Like