2021 is here and with that a new brute force competition! It will work similarly to last year but with I’ll clarify the prize winning rule.
Congrats to those who won last year!
The rules are:
- You must either create a new topic each week or you must have at least 30 replies on other topics during the week.
- For new topics, news topics are fine and for replies, it can be on any topics. It doesn’t even have to be unique topics.
- You get 3 strikes. Miss a week and you get a strike. 3 strikes and you are out.
- If you are going away on holiday please post in this thread at least a week before you go and when you’ll be going so that you won’t get any strikes.
- A week starts on a Monday. You get until midnight on Sunday to create your threads or write your replies.
I am the organiser of this competition and my word is law. If I disqualify someone then my word counts. I won’t be unfair though. I mean the whole idea is to create discussion not have fights and things.
We need both participants and sponsors and yes you can be both. You don’t have to sponsor to participate. Please, if you struggle money wise then don’t sponsor. We know things are tough out there.
The competition starts on the 1st of February . All participants have to register before then. We will accept more sponsors during the year however. The competition ends on 29 November .
The winner is the person to last the longest without being knocked out.
If there is more than one person still in it at the end then:
- If the total prize money is less than R800: A random draw will decide the winner.
- If the total prize money is R800 or more: The prize money will be split between the participants.
Please post if you would like to participate or sponsor.
Participants - Strikes
@Beo - 0
@czc - 2
@DarthMol - 2
@GregRedd - 0
@Wyvern - 2
@czc - R200
@DarthMol - R200
@GregRedd - R200
@SIGSTART - R200
@Solitude - R200
@Wyvern - R200
Thanks @Solitude, I would like to particpate this year. Will try again and endavour to see it through to the end.
In terms of sponsorship, I would love to commit now, but will provisionally see how it goes.
I’ll participate again. Always a pleasure to keep the activity up.
Will also sponsor R200
Ahh, why not. I probably post that much in most average weeks.
I’ll volunteer as a participant.
And I will also set aside 200 of my finest Randelas to add to the prize pool.
I’m in! Also put me down for R200 of my finest Wildtuin Dollar.
@Solitude I am happy to participate again. And must add that I’m glad you are going with the same format as last year, it was definitely the best system so far.
As for contribution I’ll call and go in for R200
Nice to see that we have a big prize pool so far.
I hope more people join!
We need more people you lazy bums.
It all starts today! May you all win.
Also if anyone else would like to join, you can still join this week. You just have to start that topic too or be active and let me know here.
Forgot I signed up for this Prolific posting begins!
(Am I safe in assuming new articles made to the main site count as a new topic here, even though they get posted to the forum by “The Scribe”?)
They do count. It helps if you post the link to the article you wrote, here on this thread.
Also, you need have no worry about not meeting the quota each week!
That might be true at the moment, but only because I have no work right now. I’m hopeful that I’ll have very little free time very soon
I hope you all did your work! Will do some counting later today.