Coronavirus - COVID-19

Thanks, man. Luckily I’m still asymptomatic, and this evening will be 5 days since my wife’s symptoms started, so in a couple of hours I’ll count myself completely asymptomatic. Until then I’m stifling anything resembling a cough!

Wife is doing very well, the typical flu meds (tamiflu, panado, antibactaria, and an antiviral) is keeping her symptoms managed quite well. Her biggest complaint today is that my snoring kept her awake last night… :frowning:

5 Likes

I’m glad that you and your wife are still both alright.

4 Likes

Wife and kids all went back to school this Monday. Yesterday, they all had to come home, a student in the same grade as my eldest kid tested positive. Now the school is closed until next Monday and my eldest needs another test (luckily the department of health set up a testing clinic in the school grounds).

Interesting times

5 Likes

Fun times with people getting tested and now a store i go to alot has been closed due to having staff tested positive.

3 Likes

Agree with you. We’re still working from home, haven’t seen the office since mid March. We also just had a company wide “state of CCS” and we’ve basically been told that we don’t expect to open office until at least January 2021. It’s really nice to be a part of a company that values its employees, or at least have a percieved value as an employee. I’m only asked to try and get to 8 hours of work a day.

This is really embracing remote work and flexi-hours.

3 Likes

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I did not realise SA is catching up so fast…

We are 11th in the world overall, having overtaken Italy (a crisis hotspot in March).
We are 4th in new daily cases for the last few days, only behind the USA, India and Brazil.
We are 9th in daily deaths.
In Africa we are pretty much number 1 in all categories. I know these need to be in perspective with how much testing we are doing, I am just saying. We are catching up to the rest of the world pretty fast!

5 Likes

Ramaphosa better not lockdown Gauteng harder.

1 Like

He is just the puppet speaking

I dont believe a word he says

So worse than locking down. He banned alcohol again. :rage:

2 Likes

Honestly how did you not see that coming tho?

Im surprised tho at how fast he is doing it.

And the stupid curfew

1 Like

Like the curfew will stop the spread. It didn’t work the first time. Its just a pathetic attempt at looking like they’re doing something.

1 Like

Got any better suggestions?

2 Likes

The curfew is gonna mess with my job. My shift is until 22:00 at night and the curfew is 21:00. I do have a permit from when I went back during level 4, but the issue is transport. I don’t have my own so I rely on my mother and brother in law to give me lifts and I cannot let them (especially my mother) drive after curfew to come and get me. This is 100% my problem and I’m sure if I tell my boss this he will get someone else to take over my shift.

1 Like

All I know is the Western Cape slowed it down, we are on a downward curve for the most part in our stats. The rest of the country would be on the same level if they just stayed honest with the testing and reporting.

1 Like

I know they had a lot of held up results. Remember that?

I know that when I drive through wynberg no one is wearing a mask. I know that when we go to meetings at offices after the initial 10 minutes everyone has their masks off.

Just open the country up and allow it to run like Sweden did and stop being dictators.

1 Like

I agree

This is a power trip some people are on.

Its this sort of stuff that has me questioning why the lockdown. Mind you this is a Stanford professor and Nobel laureate, also he went to Pretoria boys like Elon Musk.

3 Likes

We have our first local case. They closed down our local checkers since someone working there has it…

2 Likes

Our local police station closed for the third time now - they temporarily set up shop in the church across the street :smiley:

Welcome to the party, pal!

4 Likes

All in all, I think we held out pretty good this side!

2 Likes