Coronavirus - COVID-19

See I take the threat of this seriously BUT I also feel that some reactions are a bit over the top. We need viruses like this to cull the world population - hate me for saying that all you want but humans are making a mess of this planet and we do need a proper virus that does not discriminate to help out in this regard.

What is driving me nuts tho is how it is starting to affect companies worldwide. Even us at the vape shop is starting to feel the pinch, we are receiving a container of stock soon but now the question is - is the contents safe. The guys are eve worried about the goods that are boxed in boxes.

3 Likes

I received a new inverter last week that had been backordered. Came straight from China.

I opened the box, took in a big inhale, and said “Mmmm. Smells like coronavirus”

4 Likes

The Fed in America even did an emergency 50 basis point cut in interest rates yesterday.

2 Likes

The boss is in a panic so I told him it is being quarantined in anycase. But he wants to take extra precautions and I opened my mouth and asked about the items in the boxes - what if it is on there and now he is even more paranoid

2 Likes

Surely the virus dies after being exposed to air for some time? Presumably its taken quite a while to get shipped to SA.

3 Likes

That is what I said! They want to disinfect the boxes and wear gloves and masks and the more I try to explain normal masks wont work and you cannot get the masks that you need.

1 Like

The only reasonable solution is hazmat suits.

1 Like

i know a place to get N95 masks :smiley:

2 Likes

Please send a link? Good price?

1 Like

It was a place called https://www.hsesolutions.co.za/ in Germiston
I got 3 boxes for around R900 if i remember right.

I spoke to a person Bridget/Precious 011 708 0451/ 083 632 7753 got them on the 14th of Feb

1 Like

9 days on the high side and up to 28 days for the one that can infect animals.

2 Likes

This arrived today at the shop, they dont want to open it at all. It has been in Quarantine for 5 days thanks to DHL but still the guys are not sure

1 Like

Was the DHL person wearing a hazmat suit?

Nope they just dropped it off ;p

1 Like
1 Like

We are now up to 26 confirmed cases in Africa.

2 Likes

Should explode soon enought.

2 Likes

Winter is coming.

3 Likes

The current joke - follow the Corona virus trail…

4 Likes

Classic!