Coronavirus - COVID-19

Off topic I know, but all this talk about how civil we remained (pffft w/e dude) made me wanna watch the debate that Stephen Fry and Jordan Peterson had together against some folks. It to me is truly a great example of how to debate incredibly well and incredibly badly in 1 go.

Its long form media, not a 5 minute hash, but I thoroughly enjoy it. They’re in my top 5 speakers to listen to :stuck_out_tongue:

aaand back to disease and whether we are over or under or correctly reacting to it.

4 Likes

I really enjoy Jordan Peterson, he is a great debater, always thoughtful before answering questions.

1 Like

Latest stats, im sure this wall make @DieGrootHammer salivate :wink:

5 Likes

Very good, very thorough op-ed read in the Daily Maverick, especially in reference to yesterday’s “how seriously should we be taking the virus” discussions.

It is a long read, but worth it. It can also be listened to through the player at the top of the article, so may make a decent 20 minute listen instead.

3 Likes

I am not regretting subbing to the Daily Maverick, so far they are the one news group I find interesting and well written articles.

4 Likes

We got a notice from our managing agent that a resident in our complex has tested positive and is self-isolating. This virus is moving ever closer to home…

3 Likes

The risk assessments we’ve been attending in Centurion were cancelled yesterday because someone from that office was exposed to corona in witbank.

2 Likes

Our one site has been shutdown because the foreman tested positive. We are waiting to hear now if we need to go for testing.

1 Like

We dodged a bullet. The travelling hairdresser that we always use was scheduled for a appointment at our house tomorrow. She notified my wife yesterday that she’s been in contact with a COVID positive person and is rather cancelling all her appointments…

2 Likes

I can send you details of my hairdresser, you can check if she still does home visits. She is really good and affordable. That is if the wife wants. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Funsies. My wife tested positive this morning, I went for my test during lunch.

3 Likes

Oh no, that’s not good @Avatar. May everything go well there and may you and your family be fine.

2 Likes

Sorry man, I hope her symptoms are mild. Still the self-isolating is not fun or easy to do within a household.

3 Likes

O shit dude
hope things to well for you and your family

3 Likes

I know 2 people who went through their asymptomatic COVIDs. My sister in law might have it, as she was exposed at work and was dreadfully sick this past weekend… She’s getting tested this week.

2 Likes

Not cool at all, sorry to hear. Hope she and you and the rest of your family are all okay. I think it’s going to become a much more common thing to hear, sadly.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that :frowning:

2 Likes

dam it sad but this was going to happen, Just sucks all one can hope for is a good recovery over this period

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone. Luckily it’s just the two of us, all our family lives in Gauteng while we’re in Mpumalanga. We knew it was a when, rather than an if, since she’s a healthcare worker.
So far she’s got typical flu symptoms, but I’m keeping a close eye since she’s diabetic.
I’m totally asymptomatic so far, so fingers crossed…

7 Likes

All the best.

If I may ask, where about in Mpumalanga? I always thought I was the only one from this forum here!

3 Likes