Coronavirus - COVID-19

The other side of the coin is playing out in the UK. People with cancer, heart conditions etc are told to stay home and not be treated and end up dying at home, since the hospitals only take covid patients. This is what I hear from a friend that lives in London.

3 Likes

Maybe my post was unclear but the nurse definitely wasn’t being rude or had some attitude. I assume the person she was talking was a family member of the lady in the wheelchair. She probably told her not to touch her so that she doesn’t get infected as well.

4 Likes

I figured as much, I didnt read it that way. The sad thing is it does happen more often than we would like to admit.

3 Likes

That’s it, it’s the basic SOP for infection control. Hospital have really strict measurements to ensure that general wards don’t get infected with COVID, otherwise they’d have another Addington on their hands.

5 Likes
3 Likes

It’s terrible. One of our favourite restaurants have closed down. Actually a couple in the area. So many jobs lost.

4 Likes

So many places, restaurants, vineyards, small shops, tobacconists and so many more have closed down that I know of, it is so sad.

4 Likes

This was worrying…

6 Likes

…and a long-time refuge for visitors to Bloubergstrand is closing down as well. RIP Blue Peter Hotel. :frowning:

3 Likes

The tourism,travel and hospitality industries are devastated and decimated already. There are going to be many more closures and thousands more unemployed before the end of the year. Those that survive are going to struggle to stay afloat, even once restrictions are lifted.

Meanwhile, the learned masters of our fair nation are determined to continue pushing their failed “transformation” agenda:

3 Likes

Noooooooo I didnt hear that!

That hits the feels, all the meals, sundowners there, so many memories!

Where did you hear about that?

3 Likes

We know the staff members there quite well. They let us know that they’ve been served notices that the hotel is closing down.

2 Likes

That is seriously making me want to cry. They had the best food especially pizza and drinks and just the vibe

2 Likes

Yeah their pizzas were the bee’s knees. They had a wonderful chocolate-based ice cream dessert as well.

3 Likes

I hope they manage something, because that has been an institution - as soon as we were old enough to drink that was our sunday spot - friends came from fishhoek, paarl and everywhere for a sunday visit once a month or so

2 Likes

Almal wat op die grasperk sit vir sun-downers. :smiley:

2 Likes

presies! en al ken jy nie die persoon lanks jou nie almal chat met mekaar! Dis wat Blue Peter so uniek gemaak het

1 Like

Ja ons het baie jare daar gaan vakansie hou. Toe ons Kaap toe trek het hulle selfs aangebied om ons te huisves vir 3 maande terwyl ons verblyf soek. Gelukkig het ons betyds plek gekry. Vriendelike mense, lekker kos en great views en vibe.

2 Likes

Dis wat my hart so seer maak, is al die plekke wat so geaffeekteer word, want hulle staan nie n kans om teen dec nog te bestaan nie - en ek weet daar is duisende sulke pleke orals land wyd wat in die selfde boot is. Dis was my kwaad maak van die virus.

1 Like

No way?!

2 Likes