Destiny 2 — New Light

That’s the new expansion that coming at year 3. It will go f2p on steam with year 1 expansions (Curse of Osiris and Warmind)

2 Likes

They ended their relationship with Activision. So with that it has to move to steam now cause Activision and Blizzard are in partnership.

1 Like

It may be more that now that they are separate from Activision, Bungie can now call the shots on which platform they want to release the game on. Steam is a logical choice since it will greatly expand their potential player base. I know a few Steam diehards who will definitely play the game now that it is on their platform of choice.

2 Likes

I used my G2A money to buy a steam voucher, now I only have to pay R175 for Shadowkeep :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can start preparing for the move to Steam by linking your Destiny 2 account on Battlenet to your Steam account: https://www.bungie.net/7/en/PCMove

Except the servers seem to be taking a beating right now, resulting in a 500 error. So you might need to try later or in a day or 2.

2 Likes

Yeah I did mine last night with no issues luckily

2 Likes

my Destiny 2 keeps crashing… i think i need to re-install it cause it does not want to repair at all… SIGH

Crashing as in giving error? I had an issue with mine starting up minimized. Found out TeamViewer and my MSI Afterburner. Also, had issue with FarCry 4 long ago, turned out nVidia Shadow Play made it crash. But the issue with not repairing makes me think you might need to reinstall. :frowning:

Don’t forget to transfer.

Destiny 2 service will be transferring to a new PC platform on October 1, 2019.

Blizzard and Bungie are committed to making this transition as simple and seamless as possible for the Destiny 2 PC community.

You will be able to migrate your Guardians, gear, game progress, product licenses and Silver currency balance from Battle.net at no cost. Please note you will lose access to Destiny 2 if you choose not to migrate to the new platform. The last date that Destiny 2 will be accessible via Battle.net is September 30, 2019.

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/PCMove

3 Likes

Came here to remind you guys about this too :wink: So there, consider yourselves reminded!

2 Likes

I hope I remember about this. Probably won’t do it this weekend.

It’s like a one minute proccess all you do is link your steam account with battle.net and bungie
Quickly did it during lunch

2 Likes

I see it gives you several login options, including Playstation.

I only ever played the base game on PS4. I’m pretty sure I grabbed it on battle.net when it was free there too, but I never launched it.

I wonder if I use my PS account, if I’ll get my character ported over to PC… Maybe now that it’ll be on Steam it will run in SteamPlay/Proton…

I haven’t really been keeping track of Destiny 2 since the GameClub. Finally watched the Out of the Shadows “ViDoc” for Shadowkeep (which was released in June!) and I can’t help but read a double meaning into that title.

Like it was a nod to players to say, “We’re out from under Activision Blizzard. We’re finally able to come out of the shadows.”

There’s a follow-up video out as well… It’s a fun watch, but it feels a bit like a trailer for a larger documentary. They don’t give a lot of detail about what’s going to happen or what they have planned. Just that they have plans for the next 3–4 years.

If you want more detail, you’ll have to sift through the blog posts and hour long videos Bungie has on YouTube where it explains its plans.

In a way the Shadowkeep expansion to the moon reminds me a bit of the Kuva Fortress in Warframe. Only in terms of the look and feel of the red spiky fortress, though. It seems quite different, otherwise.

Anybody still playing? @wenzdayz and I played a bit on the weekend and it was good fun.

1 Like

Cannot wait! Stupid Bungie server bullshit!

1 Like

I did a quick login last night and it runs as smooth as ever! Stayed up way too late to “test if it works” and now I want to play some more!

2 Likes

I have started the download. This is going to take a while… :slightly_smiling_face:

I also played a bit last night. Couple of things have changed since the move, but the game runs good.

Also did anyone else notice that all they stuff was leveled up to the last level you had on your Char?

Yep all my weapons haven’t been upgraded to 750. I can’t remember what they were before but they all were definitely not 750. I think I had like 3/4 max at 750.
Also @czc, I got all my achievements when I signed in :smiley: Lots and lots of Cheevos!

2 Likes

i was a bit miffed about it ass i had a couple of items that were higher than 750…also did you see there are new items you need in order to upgrade your armour, like an upgrade module(it wasnt there before).

1 Like