Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

Are you asking about Spain and the R5s? Or did you already start practicing for the next event? Greece with the NR4 cars - the Evo X or the WRX STi?

2 Likes

Apologies. Yeah, I was referring to Greece and the Evo or the WRX. They feel kinda bouncy.

3 Likes

I’m sure I have a setup for the Evo X. Will share tonight

4 Likes

Won’t have power tonight, and we must do what we say we’re going to do, so here @Beo , a setup a tad early.

https://wrcsetups.com/dirt-rally-2-0/setups/mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-x-greece

See my comment on it, for how to drive, what you should or shouldn’t do. You are on a gamepad, so it might need some adjustment. That said, it should get you 90% of the way there. Possibly, just the brake bias might need some fiddling and possibly rear toe, to work better with a gamepad.

Video for reference

4 Likes

The Spanish rains caused kak for some, and brought opportunities to others… Here’s the results of Round 3 of the 9X9 Season - Rally Espana:

We had eight starters off the line of Stage 1 in Ribadelles. Of them, six were classified at the end, one of who was a non-finisher.

Topping the times again to make it 3 from 3 was our German flag bearer :1st_place_medal: @Boogey. Despite being a fairly short event, Boogey still managed to put almost 2 minutes of Spanish sunshine between himself and the anything but lazy :2nd_place_medal: P2 @Lazydemoni. And joining them on the podium once again was :3rd_place_medal: P3 @The9Avenger9, this time a mere 10 seconds shy of P2.

In the continuing Also Ran Championship, @MeMyself bested @Beo once again. At the end my P4 was a good 6+ minutes adrift of the podium finishers. @Beo’s P5 time was a further 8 minutes back. He lost 5 of those on the final stage alone as his tyres decided to stop cooperating and went on strike.

P6 this time around to the dancing bear @Murfle, who doubles his usual 1 point this time around by completing 5 stages. @CZC, who registered a time on just Stage 1 scores the first of the participation points for this round in P7. And the final point, and classified in P8, the Oh Crap, Not Again Guy, @Aldyr, who very uncharacteristically fails to finish the third rally in a row. Wowser!

The Championship Standings then after Round 3 of 9:

@Boogey’s extends his lead by another 2 points and is now 8 clear of the @LazyDemoni vs @the9avenger9 duel. After being locked together at 10 points each after Round 2, it’s LazyD who inches into P2 overall. But only by a single point from TheAvenger. With six events still to go in the season, I think they are going to be swapping places more than a few times still. Also breaking last rounds’ tie, @Ekke moves one point ahead of @Beo to round out the Top 5.

Round 4 of the season is up and running already. We’re sticking to the Medittereanan coast again, but heading a fair way to the east for Round 4. See you in Greece! :greece:

5 Likes

2023 MEWRL Rally Championship: The 9x9

Round 4: Rally Greece | Argolis | Greece :greece:

Round 4 of the 9X9 Championship brings with it one of the rally world’s all time classic showdowns - Mitsubishi vs Subaru, Evo X vs WRX STi, Kurashiki vs Ota. The stuff rally legends were made from. And now you get to relive the experience. Evo or WRX - choose your weapon!

Event Period

• Starts: 2023-05-06T22:15:00Z
  • Ends: 2023-05-27T21:59:00Z

Eligible Cars

Modern Rally NR4/R4

• Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
    The Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X was initially homologated for the Group N category in 2008, and was able to be upgraded to meet the new R4 specifications in 2011, with a large weight reduction taking place to achieve this. The Evo X has a 5 speed straight 4, producing 300 bhp. More than enough to get some serious air.

• Subaru WRX STI NR4
    Based on the 2015 SUBARU WRX STI, the new WRX STI NR4 was built and developed by JRM Racing to adhere to the new-for-2015 NR4 technical regulations. This car dominated the North American rally scene, excelling in all conditions and proving itself to be one of the most adaptable and reliable cars on the rally circuit.

Rally Route

You’ll be glad to see that the weather down the Greek end of the Mediterranean is a lot drier than it was in Spain recently… just one of our nine stages is expected to be wet. But, (and it is a big one because you know I like big butts and I cannot lie!), it’s mid race on Stage 5. Sandwiched between two dry stages. And it’s not just a wet surface, it’s heavy rain conditions at sunset. :smiling_imp: Luckily Stage 5 is also the shortest of the nine stages, so you just need to keep it together for a mere 4.5km.

Something else to be wary of are the two night stages - S3 and S9. They are both long stages and both at the end of a stage group of three. And those Greek mountain tracks are plenty dark at night. Protect your lights through Stages 1 and 2, and 7 and 8 - you are going to need them!

To add an extra little bit of spice at the end of the rally, the final two stages are both long and you can expect very poor surface conditions with Max surface degradation expected. Sorry. Not.

All good? Excellent! Go get your Greek freak on already then. Opa! :greece:

4 Likes

Thanks buddy, I can’t say I’ll do it any justice but I can promise I will use it, and possibly make adjustments. Thanks again dewd.

1 Like

I like the “anything but lazy” line xD

It was so close. I started the final 3 stages badly. In attempt to keep pace with The Avenger, I went off track and lost 12 seconds overall.

I had the final 2 stages to make it up. The next stage was short and fast, but I could only make up 3 seconds, meaning I would need -9 seconds in the final one. My practice run was not super encouraging, as at best, I was only 4 seconds faster.

In the actual timed stage, I was on edge. I was still -3 seconds for most of it, but at around halfway, I got to -6. Maybe I could do it? A few sectors later I joyously saw the -9 seconds. I was gonna do it!

BUT NO, I went off track in a wide, easy, non-threatening corner. How did I stuff up here?!

The next sector saw that -9 diminish and I thought it was over, until the final sector, where I was at -12 seconds. I guess Avenger had a mishap right at the end.

Real Hollywood stuff, I wish we could overlay our drives for that final stage! He did very well.

4 Likes

I crashed, really badly and lost one my front tires in the final sector. Drove on my rim for the rest of it.
Saved a clip of the crash.

4 Likes

Ripped it to shreds!!

1 Like

Round 4 route details are up ^ above .

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Made a few small tweaks to a point where it feels more comfortable for me. Increased the braking bias a tad and dropped the ride height a tad (it felt very rolly).

2 Likes

This is a fun location but I’m finding it hard to keep the car steady. It doesn’t help that the tyres (Normals) were finished by the end of the 3rd stage. I think I need to be smoother with my driving. Not this late, panic braking stuff!

4 Likes

A little under a week left to post times for Greece. Set aside just one hour and you’ll be able to run all nine stages easily with time to spare.

@Aldyr has done everyone a solid by actually finishing a rally for a change :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: so there are some decent times on the leaderboard to target and to measure against. Under 42 minutes is your goal!

5 Likes

Terminal damage :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Console damage

2 Likes

TTY damage

1 Like

Alacritty Damage

2 Likes