Dirt Rally 2.0 [MEWRL]

Well… you don’t have to have to. :grinning: I could do with getting a couple of points ahead of you so early in the season.

3 Likes

Scotland is tough thanks to huge ditches and the strange practice of storing lumber on the roadside. The wet stages at the end are looking mighty scary!

2 Likes

Been sitting here hitting retry for an hour. This is like an rpg

1 Like

Every week now it seems there’s server issues. Or at least it seems like it. I hope it’s not a sign that the servers are being ignored and not being maintained properly.

Or maybe a sign that Codemasters are getting to a (mythical) Dirt 3 release before they take over the official WRC license in 2023.

I should’ve come here first before starting my event… :cry: What now.

Still getting “Connection Failed” errors? That’s now 3 hours plus. There must be something really dodgy going on…

Yeah I gave up after a while. Guess I’m taking max time on the first stage. Will see if I can be irresponsible and get a run in tomorrow during work hours

We have a driver over the finish line :checkered_flag: with an official time! Congrats to @LazyDemoni for being the first to post a completed event time.

So just how much fun were those final 3 long stages in the pouring rain? Just so that others know what to look forward to :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Whelp, there goes my chance at any green bars!

2 Likes

I stopped retrying. Couldn’t be asked to leave it running endlessly. I value my VR headset, over times.

#fcukcodemastersyousonofabitch!

1 Like

Haha, I did have some rather intimate visits to the woods, so don’t sell yourself short!

So just how much fun were those final 3 long stages in the pouring rain?

I think I did okay in the first of the wet stages as the layout was familiar. After that, I went off the track a couple of times, incurring minor damage. Most annoying was a cracked windscreen, which made visibility even worse.

Slow corners were a struggle too, as I couldn’t find the balance between speed and understeering, so I just crawled through. The ditches were another issue, and the combination of slow corners with huge ditches was scary.

Overall, a challenging but fun event!

3 Likes

Turns out when I got that error it wasn’t when it wanted to store my time, but when it wanted to progress to the next stage. so my time was still there when I logged on now…
And with that… I will take over the tentative lead(had some red/green/red/green sectors on the last few stages between me and @LazyDemoni was quite exciting haha)… Until @aldyr and @Boogey shows up.

Also on that night stage, I had one head light… then halfway through I decided that total darkness is for me… crawled to the end XD

4 Likes

Weird thing. I retried for ages. Gave up. Quit. Swearing. But it looks like it went through. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Hot dangit, those last three stages were nightmare. But this was a great starter, now I understand how everything works and hopefully post more competitive times going forward.

2 Likes

Record scratch… Yip, that’s me, in my Lancia, in Scotland, with a bloody great big log in the spot where my engine is supposed to be…

My damage is terminal, and my day is ruined.

2 Likes

haha you end up in the tree rather than wrapped around it :rofl: this ain’t Minecraft!!

2 Likes

I have one stage left. Lost my bonnet in the rain again in the middle of stage 7.

The chances of terminal damage are pretty high

1 Like

You can do it! Go slow, get to the end, score the points!

1 Like

Ooof, those last 3 stages were nerve-wracking. Big props to @Dragonic who ploughed through like a boss! I lost a lot of time to the guys ahead despite keeping it relatively clean, just could not match your pace :clap:

3 Likes