F1 24 - EA Sports F1 Games

3 Likes

The Steam version of F1 2019 is 62% cheaper in South Africa than in the US. So tempting.

2 Likes

Any publisher that gives us a favourable rate on a game is deserving of support - that’s for sure.

3 Likes

If they want to make a killing they should add a “pay to win” option for Ferrari fans :smile:

2 Likes

Sharrup you! You know I’d be tempted.

2 Likes

Press X to influence the FiA

3 Likes

HAHAHA! Hysterical. The best part is, you would still lose to the Mercs. :grin:

2 Likes

So guys… I’m very tempted go get back into F1 games, but I honestly don’t want to do the driving-via-keyboard thing anymore. I’m also not invested enough to splurge on a racing wheel and pedals. is there a third option somewhere in between? Console controller for the PC, perhaps? I would just love to have an analog input for these types of games.

Suggestions?

I use a xbox 360 controller, so much better than keyboard but not as awesome as a wheel

2 Likes

Having both a Wheel and a controller I find that most of the time I just opt for the XBox controller on PC

The wheel is amazing for some titles like DIRT and GRID

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I assume one can pick up an XBox controller separately?

I do think so yes

My suggestion is that playing with a wheel is much better for F1 games than a controller. Played about 50 hours of F1 2016 with a controller, and the game became much better, and actually easier, with a wheel. A controller is perfectly servicable if you don’t have a wheel, but if you have the means to get a wheel, get a wheel.

Yes you can. Just look for the Xbox controller that states “Windows 10 receiver included”

2 Likes

The new Xbox controllers are also Bluetooth. I found getting a standalone controller plus small Bluetooth dongle was a bit cheaper than getting the controller with windows 10 receiver.

3 Likes

I’m surprised you don’t have a controller yet. I use an XBox One controller for most games. It’s just so much more comfortable than a keyboard and mouse. I can definitely recommend one.

2 Likes

It’s all down to the type of games I play. RTS and FPS work best with mouse and keyboard, and I have a flight stick for flight sims.

Fair enough.

1 Like

I use my XBOX One controllers on PC with any micro USB cable. Works like a charm and since I get a new cable with every phone I have loads of extra cables.

If the official controllers are too expensive (around R1k each) you can get the PDP controller for about R500 I think. I have one and the work perfectly fine!

2 Likes

Some longer gameplay. Holy hell this game is super gorgeous.

4 Likes