F1 24 - EA Sports F1 Games

More F1 2019 gameplay, this time with a slight difference… it’s Monaco, but it’s at midnight! :grinning:

Bloody hell.

The game costs R329 on Steam and R1179 on XBox One. I really wanted it on XBox One but I guess Steam it is.

2 Likes

That is a massive difference.

3 Likes

pay the console tax

Maybe if it was R200 or so more expensive. But more than 3 times more expensive is just crazy.

1 Like

You’ll also get to enjoy the superior graphics on PC

2 Likes

Just saw that F1 2018 is on Weekend Sale at the moment on Steam at R82.25, if you don’t have it and want to complete your collection… :wink:

Discount should be available through until tomorrow evening.

ETA: It’s actually the entire franchise that’s on sale…
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/f1/

1 Like

I saw it as well. The latest game is the cheapest out of the whole lot on sale. It’s so incredibly tempting, even though I’ll probably never play it. Read that the keyboard controls are atrocious and I’ll realistically not plug in a controller to play - partly due to me living in both Centurion and Cape Town at the moment and a controller bulks up my already full laptop bag.

2 Likes

It is tempting for me too - I have a couple of the early ones missing from my library. But as you say, the likelihood of ever actually playing them is next to zero. Especially with the new 2019 version coming out in a few weeks time. Going to keep my cash for that rather.

1 Like

Why not get a second controller that you can leave in the other location until you move permanently to Cape Town?

2 Likes

I bought F1 2019 over the weekend because I keep worrying that they will increase the price.

3 Likes

I always have an issue spending money on things I deem as trivial… Like controllers. I bought one controller once, a Logitech F710 and the receiver on it was terrible. The only controller I play with every so often now is my DS4 from my PS4, but that was only trying out Dark Souls 3 on PC. After almost breaking the controller at the very start of the game, I uninstalled it and only every played with the DS4 on the console again.

1 Like

Exactly what I did! That still sounds too cheap!

2 Likes

Me too. It does seem like an error, but Codies Steam pricing has always been really good for us. When I checked it on SteamDB it was over 60% cheaper than the US price (and that wasn’t even the cheapest - I think Argentina was at 75% cheaper!) The new Grid game coming from them in September is the same - 62% cheaper for us compared to the $59.99 US price.

I wish more Steam publishers and devs would copy Codemasters pricing - yeah, I’m looking at you Frontier Developments!

3 Likes

Off Topic case in point…

Frontier have just released the latest DLC content pack for Planet Coaster (Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters). It’s R228, +5% more expensive than the US price of $15. Their Secrets of Dr Wu DLC for Jurassic World Evolution is exactly the same - R228 for us, +5% more than the US base price.

In fact, @PsychoFish, didn’t you once mention that they were office neighbours to you? Do us a favour and go round there (or bump into them down at the local) and explain to them how Steam Regional Pricing is supposed to help PC gamers in countries like ours with shitty currencies, and if they could stop expecting us to pay more than our rich 1st world cousins that would be great. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

F1 2019 – Revealing The Final Cars

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/06/f1-2019-revealing-the-final-cars/

1 Like

Im barely into 2018… yoh… if the stupid practice objectives are out im in. They kill it for me

Visual and audio comparison between F1 2010 and F1 2019:

Amused to see some of the ad boards in the old game. And how much more simple the old steering wheels were.

2 Likes

That’s very interesting. In my opinion they can still make the game look a lot better. I look forward to seeing what they’ll make it look like on the next generation of consoles.

1 Like

TL:DW - F2 will be a full separate season on itself, but there is a three race F2 feeder series that will setup your rivals and give a structured story to your entry into F1. Your choices will also stick with you for your entire F1 career which sounds good.

4 Likes