Fitness Q&A

Something fitness/health related:

There is nowhere on earth that people, on average, live long lives on an only meat diet.

1 Like

Only reason I can think if is that your hammies and quads might compensate for weak glutes and pull things skew.
But I personally never heard that before, seen or experienced it myself or with someone I trained or trained with

What I am starting tomorrow. . . . Im petrified!

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m falling off at 40 seconds already - I don’t have the coordination for that sort of thing… Good luck - maybe do the first few sessions with someone close by just in case you need help to be extracted from the springs :grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah, it doesn’t seem the safest thing.

2 Likes

I survived the first session, of the about 30 mins, I managed to do about 15 on the tramp and all the stuff we did off the tramp.

I can tell you all, Im sore in the usual places, but my FEET. I cant feel them yet

4 Likes

Health related question, not sure where else to ask this, and perhaps this could be a seperate thread.

Do the same health benefits apply to dried fruits as with normal state fruits?

1 Like

I have no idea but when I see my dietician in a few weeks I will ask. But I would assume so

1 Like

Mainly affects vitamin content and calorie amounts
https://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/myth-or-fact-fresh-fruit-is-better-than-dried-fruit.html

3 Likes

Starting to post videos, pics and tips more regularly again for those who want to follow

https://www.instagram.com/flex_za46/
https://www.facebook.com/Flexmichaeloosthuizen

4 Likes

So a little bit of an update from my side.

I went to visit a gym over the weekend, Planet Fitness on Plattekloof, for the first time ever. I have never stepped foot in a gym for personal or fitness reasons apart from for work reasons. While the gym offers one complimentary session with a trainer, after that additional charges would incur as they are not affiliated with the gym. My question is really, how necessary is it to enlist a trainer?

I am not looking to build muscle or tone, just simple fitness. Maybe @Flex can weigh in a little here.

3 Likes

I’ve not frequented a gym in years but if they still dop things the same way they’ll try to get you to sign into a 1000 year contract or thereabouts :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

A trainer isn’t 100% necessary, but if you’d like to improve your form and technique then it might be a good idea

2 Likes

If you know what you are doing, can be motivated while training on your own. Then no need for one.

Most people slack off on their own, and do things half ass.

My goal when training people, is 2 months max, so that they know what they are doing, and can go on on their own. There are however some clients who stick around MUCH longer, becuase they want to stay motivated and accountable.

I am however not a fan of these big gyms and their trainers at all.

3 Likes

In order to get more out of my sessions, and gain a bit of mass I have decided to try and add cream of rice to my pre workout meal. Just ate it, and was a very confusing experience.

Looks like some kind of pap or mash, smells like white rice and taste like nothing.

4 Likes

Fresca :smiley:

1 Like

So does anyone use dumbbells of any kind?

2 Likes

I used to, but I sold them with my smaller weight set. I do have a few small ones and my mom is using them while they’re visiting, but I just make due with my barbell for now.

And by ‘for now’ I mean hardly ever

2 Likes

I use a 1kg set when bouncing, you would think it wouldn’t make a difference but holy crap can you feel it the next day, same with the resistance bands

2 Likes

I can picture carrying a weight for a long time would have an effect.

Just trying to figure out what range of dumb bells would be ‘good’

2 Likes