Forza Motorsport

Has everyone tried using the Reno Turbo for this challenge?
It is by far the most forgiving car for this circuit being so small, light and mid engine

I felt the 84 Civic was more forgiving.

It seems the mods it has been given to hit the PI score includes brakes and suspension. It feels more sorted whereas the Renault is a bit more rowdy when one is not gentle on brakes and throttle. The Renault is more powerful and seems faster in the straights.

The only thing that makes the 84 a bit more of a mission for me is the understeer it has if you leave the braking a bit too late

I have several remedies for understeer but none of them are good/fast.

I use Cockpit for the immersion. I can’t use bumper for the life of me. I can confirm that two friends of mine who usually get great times in racing games both use Bumper cam.
Also damn you once again @Deadlypinecone I’ll fix this tonight.

1 Like

My only issue with bumper cam, is that by the time I feel/see that back end coming out it is too late to correct it.

From 2nd to 6th the times are very very close!!!

I did show interest a bit earlier on, but bought headphones instead of forza - had to choose one or the other. I’ll join a bit later on, but getting my f1 2017 dialed first

1 Like

And I’m done for the week. I got my time under the 1:24 mark, and that’s good enough for me. I tried the Civic, but I see I chose the wrong one. It felt really good though.

Also did you know that Flex’s time is the second fastest time in all of Africa? I think none of us can compete with that. I’ve just given up trying to go as fast as you dude.

1 Like

Did you take the '96 Civic (I think)?
It has more power, but does not steer as well as the '84

My time is sooooo close to the Number 1 spot though in Africa! Would really love to get that spot! But focusing on the ForzaRC qualifier 2 at the moment. Did not put enough time with the 1st qualifier.

I feel that you guys have already improved since the 1st challenge. Will watch some of your replays tonight

BTW, I tried the Bumper view last night. You really get the feel for speed and can see the apex and when to accelerate really well. BUT bot having an idea of what is happening in the rear until it is too late is tricky. Chase Cam(near), seems to be working great so far. Actually want to pick and easy track and car, do 10 laps in each view and get the fastest and average times. A car and track like the first challenge we did should be perfect I reckon

1 Like

Tried to get on last night to work on improving my time, but for some reason couldn’t access the challenge? Could see it but every time tried to start it I’d land up back on the selection screen. Trying to see the Leaderboards or even just the Restrictions screen did the same thing.

I could get into other Rivals Challenges same as usual, but they also had weird things going on - Current Lap time was a counter of total time, Last Lap and Best Lap times showed as 0, Rivals Ghosts were very random. All very odd.

I see there was a patch released yesterday, so maybe that borked it, or I got a dodgy download of the update? Anyone on the PC version able to check if it’s working for them?

I didn’t notice this last night. Saw the update and just did a few races.
Will check tonight as well. (Also on XboX though).

The Tanner Foust challenge that was on was SOOOOO difficult wow

1 Like

Yip, that was one of the others that I tried. Could not manage a single clean lap, and even my best dirty lap was like 10+ seconds behind you. That Beetle is phenomenal though!

That track is just horrid yeah! Lots of slow corners where you have to “coast”
But that car amazing yeah. Grips and accelerates like a mofo!

Do you want to pick the 3rd challenge to start on Sunday?

Nah, rather leave it to those with more in-game time who know the choices and combinations a little better. Think I’ve used at most about 10 tracks and only a handful of cars so far.

With the current Rival stuff already setup, it is quite easy and effortless

1 Like

Okay, will have a look-see at it tonight hopefully and make a choice. (On condition Rivals is working properly for me of course!)

1 Like

Tried to save the laps this morning. But ONLY this challenge we had now I could not see the leader board. Did not want to open for some reason.
So will update the scores as soon as it decides to work again

Who wants to choose the next challenge ?

Glad I’m not the only one. (Not “glad that yo can’t play the game either” glad, but you know what I mean.) This is the issue I’ve been having with that Challenge since last week. If it’s messed up for everyone then I feel better about installing the whole frikken thing on the XBox just to see if it was my PC install gone bad. Same result on the XBox though - other Challenges all okay, that specific one cannot be accessed.

I reckon if it’s not sorted by end of today, and no one else can get in to the Leaderboard, use the one you posted last week unless anyone has a more recent screenshot?

I got you fam. Found 2 possibilities, will make a choice and post up around lunchtime.

You can still see your own best time. So guys can post your times here as well if it is not fixed soon.

Okay awesome!

1 Like