Forza Motorsport

The MX5 has so much lift-off oversteer.

Its making me sad

2 Likes

Do not break when turning in you, tap the break a bit before you turn in on the fast corners

1 Like

Lief jou nogsteeds neh

1 Like

:heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

Also, you’re 100% right. I was much more calm and in the zone when I’m not chasing a ghost, or when I’m chasing @Deadlypinecone, ghost and can beat it with one lap (:yum: I kid of course).

So I’m going to be ding the rest of the challenge without the ghost car. Also my current time which is a very low 1:03 I really feel I can do better on. I’m still making some minor mistakes in the Mazda. I tried the Nissan Sylvia, and while the car is planted and easy to drive, it has massive understear which is just ruining the laps on those last two corners.

1 Like

I got you, fam. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Also, I actually like this track a lot. It’s a really fun track. It has some technical parts, like the first 3 corners, then that weird chicane you can almost cut completely if your entry is good. The those last two corners are so tempting to take flat. I found that I have to break for the second last corner, but for the last corner I can just lift-off and coast around. I end up with at least 9 mph more than breaking for it.

1 Like

Driver fixation is a horrible thing in any kind of racing, being on games or real life!

I enjoyed the Sylvia Lots, very planted and not as fidgety as the Mazdas. BUT it struggles to go as tight around the corner as the Mazdas

I HATE THAT CHICANE!
The guys that are faster than me pull away from me there the whole time!

I try to just lift off on both of the last corners and cut the apex really tight

That is really an awesome time though. Very close! I want to get Sub 1 minute so bad, but to find another odd 1.5 seconds is going to be tough

The Sylvia sounds like a car I need to try. Which one are you referring to exactly? The S15?

Yeah I think so. Sylvia 2000(year model) I think. Can’t remember now. I have another Forza edition of the Sylvia which looks sick, but setup for drifting

1 Like

I tried the second Nissan in the list, just under the 350z. I think that’s the Sylvia S15, not sure. It’s the perfect car I think to get to know the track and find the breaking lines with, before going back to the Mazda. That Mazda just has more grip for the corners but it’s a difficult beast to tame.

Also did I see @flex actually using traction control?

I used Stability control on one of the older MX5.
But I find 05 MX5 to be the best. Fastest lap I set last night was with the 05 with no assist on

I haven’t had the time to set a time yet, hopefully over the long weekend.

Challenges are on for 2 weeks. So no rush man

1 Like

@Dragonic dam dude you put in a good time. Took me some effort to just pip you

1 Like

Darn it, so you came here just to say you pipped me XD
I’ll have to really put in a solid run now.

So how is everyone going with the challenge?

Last time I checked I was only about half a second behind @Flex with a 1:02:5

I managed to better my time a LITTLE bit, think 1:01.2 or something. But not sure where I can get more time. I am struggling! But the times are MUCH closer than the other challenges. Well done all!

Who still needs to get a lap in?
I think I am done with this one,… before I throw my controller out the window!