Forza Motorsport

Yeah same here. I always remember when we set the challenge, then I’ll set a quick time. Then if there are no chats in here then I forget to better my time haha. And @Pynoxim also only recently got his PC back up and running.

1 Like

Forza Racers!!!

Forza Motorsport 7 will be getting a major update tomorrow 8 August. With this update they will be bringing a few changes to how times are set during hot laps, Rivals and adding a few nice features.

Firstly they have reviewed and changed all the track limits. Also there will be a feature to see where the track limits are, presented by a blue or yellow or red line on track.

Secondly they are bringing back Time Attack. This new mode will let you set a time on any track during any weather setting with any car you want!! This is like the old way we used to setup the Forza challenges.

These changes will however mean that all Rival leaderboards will be deleted and set to start from scratch. So in essence, all our times we’ve set during the challenges will be gone FOREVER!!

Perhaps now is a good time to think about restarting the challenges if people are interested in it again. Seeing as we can now set the challenges however we see fit, they may be much more interesting and engaging.

Source and list of all the changes - Forza website

5 Likes

This is most excellent news! Count me in, I definitely agree that there’s plenty of scope to use Time Attacks for some interesting Forza Challenges.

1 Like

Perfect timing. Visiting my boet this weekend. Told me to bring the xbone as he has uncapped.

2 Likes

Lekke, lets get this going again :smiley:

@Flex @kanlaaikto @Pynoxim @Deadlypinecone

You guys in? Should we get this starting again for a few rounds?

1 Like

Absolutely. I’m keen.

We need a Nordschleife challenge for sure

1 Like

Much Excite. Such Epic. Most Wow. Insert Doggo Meme

Count me in guys! it seems the rumours were true! Took them long enough…

I played a bit yesterday, and many tracks don’t have any time set in the Africa region, so we might even be competing for the fastest time in Africa as well.

2 Likes

I’m at work today. coz #slave.
BUT, I’m very keen to have a look around this evening.

Perhaps we should keep @GregRedd 's spreadsheet as “Round 1” and create a “Round 2” for the new challenges?

[EDIT]I guess this means we can do a lap of the Nordschleife!?!?!? exciting![/EDIT]

2 Likes

I am out for now bud! Sold the console to get my PC up and running again.
Will however look to start racing games again soon

1 Like

Play it on pc then

2 Likes

That’s an easy fix :smiley:

May be of interest to Forza 7 racers keen on maximizing Gamer Score, achievements, and 100 percenting things:

Forza Motorsport 7 VIP on sale. 75% off = R84.75 (for the next 6 days)

3 Likes

It’s the beginning of the end for Forza Motorsport 7…

Forza Motorsport 7 is Reaching End of Life

On September 15, 2021, Forza Motorsport 7 will reach End of Life status. This means that the game and its DLC will no longer be available to purchase in the Microsoft Store or available with Xbox Game Pass.

However, after September 15, players who already own Forza Motorsport 7 will still be able to download and play the game and its associated content as normal. In addition, features like multiplayer and online services will still be accessible for those who own the game.

For any Xbox Game Pass players who previously purchased DLC for the game, but not the game itself, we have good news! You will receive a token for the game through the Xbox Message Center so that you can continue playing Forza Motorsport 7.

Forza Motorsport - Forza Motorsport 7 is Reaching End of Life

Which could also mean that the new Forza Motorsport is getting closer to release… (hopefully!)

//Saving some bits of data by repurposing this FM7 topic to cover all Forza Motorsport content//

1 Like

That part is encouraging. I purchased some vehicle DLC for the game, which means I essentially get the game to go with it for free. I always meant to jump back into the game at some point, so that means I can without dropping close to R1k for an outdated game.

1 Like

Yip, I’m the same. Was very pleased to see that but in the post - I still doubt that we will see the new Forza Motorsport release this year.

So the more cost effective way of maintaining access to the game is to just buy some DLC as this is cheaper than the game.

1 Like

I wonder if the same applies to it’s free DLCs?

It’s a gamble I suppose… The note does specifically say “purchased” (…players who previously purchased DLC for the game…) but maybe that’s just an attempt to raise a few more dollars from the sale of DLC before they remove it?

1 Like