Forza Horizon

Okay, so I’m about 4 hours into the game, I’m at the end of Winter on my first year, and I can honestly say this is turning out to be one of the very best driving games I’ve ever played in my life!! This game is beyond amazing!

The graphics are breathtaking, the mechanics are the best its ever been, the racing is wild and varied, and the drivatars are much better than they were in previous iterations of the game.

2 Likes

You still in the prologue. Once the game opens up fully, the structure changes somewhat

2 Likes

All of that and then some for me too! Had a long, kak-ish day of work yesterday. Eventually got to sit down and mess around in FH4 for a few hours and had a blast.

I spent most of it tooling around doing random events, smashing boards and finding roads. Not really focused on progressing the seasons, but still somehow managed to get the Spring Showcase event activated and now working towards getting to the Horizon Roster (not sure what that does for me?) Also picked up a couple of Barn Finds and bought a 2nd house.

I haven’t felt the need to grind credits for cars at all. Somehow, without having to buy one at all, I already have 17 cars in my garage. Got a whole bunch of Wheel Spins from Forza loyalty rewards which netted a few cars and one $400k credit win. Also had a Super Spin that gave me this marvelous win:

So I guess it all balances out :slight_smile:

Thing I spent the most time on last night? Painting and customising the Morris Minor I won from one of the spins. Took it from the stock D-100 to an A-788 all-wheel drive monster :smile:

Now I want a Peel P50 to do the same thing to!

1 Like

Is that after I get to the Horizon Roster? Also, I keep reading about hourly Forzathon events. Do they happen then too? Or am I missing something in the menus?

Yes once you on the roster the game opens up and more features unlock. From there the seasons cycle on a weekly basis, not linked to your progress

1 Like

Last noob question for the day: I farmed a metric shit ton of Influence on Mixer over a long weekend. It was over 1.5 million when I last checked. I’m guessing that’ll get added to my profile once I’m on the Roster, scoring me a pile of spins at the same time?

Wow thats quite a few levels worth. I’m not sure how the mixer thing works honestly. Maybe the official forza forums would have that answer for you?

Things like fozathon and clubs only unlock once you on the roster so it is possible

1 Like
1 Like

How do I share Photomode pictures to my XBox Activity feed / Xbox App?

Okay, so the Mixer Influence farming thing works. Perhaps a little too well - almost feels like an exploit to have 1.5 million Influence points added to my profile in one shot. That said, it is not a cheat and it’s easy enough to do while I’m playing the game on the PC anyway (open Mixer in a tab, find a stream running FH4 - this one seems to be always running: https://mixer.com/Ponomar - and minimise the tab) so I’m going to keep doing while it lasts.

The huge Influence boost kicks in a short while after you get onto the Horizon Roster. At that point I was on Driver Level 21, had 23 cars in my garage (still haven’t bought 1 - all earned from Spins, Barn Finds and Showcases) and about $900k in credits (after buying the 2 cheapest houses along the way.)

I quit playing about 40 minutes after making the Roster after doing one of the Hourly Forzathon challenges and hooning around on the dunes to earn some Skills Points. My Driver Level had shot up to 139. And I have 120-odd Wheelspins to do :open_mouth: It’s going to take ages to do them all, even with skipping the animations. Going to try track the rewards I earn when I do them, just for interest.

1 Like

Wow… Thats crazy

1 Like

Holy hell that’s a crazy exploit!! I thin I should do that as well.

Also got to the Horizon Roster last night, and got a fair few super spins from playing other Forza games. Got additional spins for FH3, FH2, FM7 and FM6. I guess those are the only ones they track. Well those spins ended up giving me more than $1.7 million credits, and a fair few cars. So I’m pretty set now with credits for a while.

Also I tried to do one of the Forzathon Live events last night, got to the meeting point, did a few donuts as we waited. When the announcer said it was go time, everyone left and I didn’t get any point to drive to or anything. So I was left alone in a field driving in circles like a jobbo!

1 Like

I was frikken confused as heck at first as well :grinning: Worked out that the blimp moves to a new event point for each of 3 rounds - a speed camera, speed zone, drift zone were in the one I did. The group gets a target to achieve at each one before it moves to the next point.

Keep an eye out for the blimp in the sky and the mini-map. It shows a route to the round location in pink (I think?) and also has drivatar markers for all the other players in that round. All I did was follow the general direction they all headed in.

1 Like

They shunned the non-believer

2 Likes

Ah okay!! I’ll give it another go and will follow that blimp and see where it goes.

It seems like it!! They are biased against muggles, the rat bastards!!

1 Like

You gotta be in with the meta. Grab a Peel, and tune it like a madman to point where it seems illogical and like an exploit, and then do a live event.

You will be welcomed with a quick message secret handshake.

Maybe.

1 Like

Like this?

1 Like

Thats level 2 acceptance. Need to get level 1 first.

It does seem like the most fun way to get that church roof board though.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t even know if “exploit” is the right term. I’m starting to see it as “unintended consequences of intended game play integration”.

I mean, they want us to do it to improve uptake of their streaming service and to further integrate things.

• Viewers earn 500 influence for every 5 minutes they watch.
  • Viewers can earn 6 000 Influence per hour and 144 000 per day.
  • Streamers earn 500 influence for every 2 minutes they stream.
  • Streamers can earn 15 000 Influence per hour and 360 000 per day.
  • (Streamers must have at least 1 concurrent viewer of their stream in order to earn Influence).
  • You must be signed into Mixer with the same account that you use for your gaming profile when playing the game.

What I don’t think they thought of was the fact that people will stream the game 24/7 because they can. You don’t even have to be actively playing the game. Just be in it, set up a pretty drone mode view, make sure your stream is Live and that you have set Forza Horizon 4 as the game, and go to bed!

And other people (like me) will “watch” your stream 24/7, again, because we can. By simply opening it up in a browser tab and then muting and minimising it to run in the background, I’m earning 6 000 Influence every hour with zero effort or input.

The thing they missed, I think, is to not have set some sort of daily cap on Influence earned from Mixer. And that’s how I think they’re going to address the exploit soon enough. Either that, or they are going to reduce the Influence values you earn. Until they do though, I’m going to carry on making hay while the sun shines.

Started it again when I went to bed last night:
Annotation

I might get in on this action

1 Like