Forza Horizon

Of course after my post today this would happen. Of course the world is such an asshole that it would do that to me.

If I can still sort it out tonight I’ll join

1 Like

That sucks so much! I hope your connection is up any moment now.

1 Like

Meh I got booted from Horizonlife and it wouldnt find me a new session. Sorry @GregRedd!

No worries, same thing happened to me. Struggling to stay connected to server still. Probably all the Yanks getting on after work and school. ‘Merica!!!

1 Like

What is worse? Being stood up completely, or having your date peek into the room and then rushing off???

DGH just joined my party and then his internet broke…? Convenient coincidence?

4 Likes

Correlation doesn’t mean causation, except in this instance…

Lol I got a notification of the party on my phone, but the notification kept on beeping. When I pressed the notification, it just added me to the party via the app. I noped out, not because of the strangers and their weirdness, but because I don’t wanna use my mobile data for that.

I’ve also threatened the ISP with a fate worse than hell if my internet is not sorted today.

2 Likes

I suspect DGH nuked all our connections as a convenient cover story

2 Likes

I am absolutely not saying I had anything to do with it, but I will say “misery loves company”

3 Likes

I am away in the bossies this weekend, so you guys can catch up. I will leave my Mixer streaming for some bonus influence points to make sure I dont miss out too much!

1 Like

Spent more time than I should have with FH4 over the weekend again - a lot of it taking pictures (got a message after about 55 saved that I need to let some to make space?) and also way, way too much time trying to 100% the Influence Bonus Boards. I don’t think there’s any major reward for getting them all, but I have never gotten this close to completing anything like it before, so if I can,why not.

I have located all 150 of the boards, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to smash the last 2. Any advice on cars to use and/or positions to approach for these last 2?

The first on the roof of a farm house east of Ambleside:

The other one is on the roof of an abandoned house north east of the wind farm (just off the road to the danger sign jump there):

I’m guessing I need to ramp onto both roofs somehow, but after a heck of a lot of trying, rewinding and trying again, I just can’t figure them out.

Help an old man put the order back into his OCDisorder, if you can.

The wind farm one is tough. I was using the FE Lambo to ramp up the mountain and crash down onto the roof. Its easy to get the distance but aiming is tricky as you pretty much doing it blind.

I’m yet to actually hit it. A Forzathon came up and I have not yet returned.

I’m gonna need a faster car it seems. Ramp up the mountain from the danger sign side or from the side of the road on the left of the building?

Hmmm. You would be ramping up the hill thats across the road from the house/board. The car would be moving in a rough north east direction as per the screenshot

1 Like

I haven’t tried to get the more difficult boards. My obsessive thing is not the boards, but the damn roads. I drive constantly with one eye on the mini map to try and identify the roads I haven’t discovered yet. I’m missing about 15 or so roads. Can see some obvious ones, but I fear I’m going to have to go on many round trips to find those last few roads.

Also, I got a barn find car of the Lotus Elise race car, but when I redeemed it, the damn game took 1.5 million credits from me! I didn’t even know that I had to pay for the damn car. Was pretty miffed with that move, until I drove the car, then I didn’t feel that bad.

Check the driveways of the player houses, found 3 of my last ones there. Also a couple of roads that have tiny little lay-bys sort of like scenic viewing spots. The achievement popped at 529 for me and I struggled to find the last 2. Gave up on them and then randomly discovered them during a Live event thing that happened in the city center. Still don’t know exactly where the missed roads were, but I guess it was tiny sections of roads I’d missed in my search.

The Barn Find thing is weird. Are you sure you claimed your barn find and didn’t inadvertently buy a second one?

1 Like

Oh, also for those who played the demo… check your XBox app messages:

1 Like

found this stunning screenshot

1 Like

I’m 100% sure I didn’t buy it. I went to claim the car from the barn find window, and I just pressed A too quickly. I saw a popup about 1.5 million something but was too quick on the press, and all those credits were lost. But the gods of randomness has smiled upon me in the wheel spins and I’m back up to 1.7 million credits already.

Just checked, and yes I also received the message!! Yay!!

Ja, just realized I was probably being stoopid… I don’t think you can buy barn finds in the Autoshow can you? The 1.5 million message was probably something about the cost to restore it instantly then.