Forza Horizon

My brother is a hard core sim racer. And he started playing Forza H 4 just for the fun of it/ Now he is addicted and it is ALL he plays/ Is it really THAT good?

1 Like

Ah of course!! That’s probably why. I was so over-eager in my clicking that I forced the restoration and paid for it. Urgh what a numpty

Forza Horizon 4 is the definitive open-world racing game ever made. Part arcade, part sim, all amazing. This is perhaps the best racing game of this decade, if not of all time. It is that good.

2 Likes

Guys please stahp with all the good comments. You make me want this game ffs. I’ll just ignore this thread from now on :triumph:

2 Likes

XBOX One

XBOX One

Windows 10

Windows 10

1 Like

Maybe we need a dedicated FH4 photo thread?

1 Like

Something like THIS THREAD perhaps?

1 Like

Ahem… That will suffice :blush:

1 Like

I did it!!

Thanks for the suggestions. Used the Aston Vulcan to get the wind farm one, and the Jeep Trailcat to (eventually!) hit the last one on the farmhouse.

Woohoo!! Damn right it gave me a “sense of pride and accomplishment” - who’d have thought?

(side-note: amazed to realize that EA made that comment that got them a record 660k+ Reddit downvotes almost exactly a year ago. How time flies)

3 Likes

Beauts. Especially like the 2nd one. And the B&W shot too - definitely going to try some of those while it’s still winter.

So, do I have to take an Xbox screenshot of the photo if I plan on sharing my photos on here?

Yeah, the whole image sharing thing is a complicated confusing mess. I haven’t been able to find my Photomode shots on my PC at all - I honestly don’t think they’re saved locally at all. I think they all get put onto the ForzaMotorsport.net site. From there I had to download them to my PC and then upload them using the XBox app to be able to add them to my Activity Stream and share them with the group. (And also upload some of them here.)

On top of that, after 50-odd pictures saved in my Photomode Gallery in the game I got error messages to say that there was no more space available for any more pictures and I had to delete some.

Way too much effort. Now I just set the picture up in Photomode, hide the UI, and take a Windows Print Screen or use the Nvidia screenshot tool if I remember to turn it on before I start playing. That’s why most of my recent images in the screenshots thread don’t have the Forza 4 logo on them. The other thing I started experimenting with last night was taking shots using the Drone Mode - nice for wider angles and scenery shots, but none of the Photomode tools and settings to play with.

1 Like

Yay thank you!! For some reason I struggled to find the photos on the Forza site, but have them now. Time to go spam the screenshot thread

1 Like

Are we doing a bit of a convoy this week some time?

1 Like

I’d be down for a little “follow you around and let you laugh at my poor race skills” tonight perhaps? May only be a little late though - around 9PM. The big Route Creator update should be out by then, so maybe if you’re on earlier, see if you can make a nice route to try it out and we can try co-op racing it a couple of times and get it onto to the Popular Routes this Week list? :grinning:

On the subject of the October/Route Creator update…

FH4 Release Notes: October 23rd,

We’re constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 4. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this Content Update.

Route Creator

This update adds the Route Creator to Forza Horizon 4. Create custom routes of up to 40 miles from any Asphalt, Dirt or Cross-Country Event starting location. Draw the custom route by driving your car, and place checkpoints anywhere you want to. Blueprint Creator has been updated to allow you to use custom routes.

New Horizon Story

This update adds a new Horizon Story to Forza Horizon 4 called ‘British Racing Green’, which explores a century of cars built in Britain. Access the story in Broadway by reaching Level 50, and unlock a new quick chat phrase, a new unique clothing item, and the classic Bentley 8 Litre.

Cross-Platform Fixes

• General stability and performance improvements.
  • Multiple engine audio improvements based on community feedback.
  • Added quit option in Quickplay Team Adventure after finishing an Adventure.
  • Improvements to Force Feedback understeer effect
  • Fix for progress loss on Forzathon Challenges.
  • Fix for rewards not being awarded in Seasonal Championships and Trial events.
  • Fix for blurring on the edges of a moving target car in Photo Mode.
  • Fix to avoid early completion of Trial events and allow all events to be finished.
  • Fix for VIP House reward exploit.
  • Fix for reset system not placing the car correctly when changing season after an event.
  • Improvements to free-roam Drivatar behaviour, when driving round tight corners
  • Fix for calculation of team score in Horizon Stories Co-op sessions during time-based challenges.
  • Fix for Forzathon Weekly Bonus not updating correctly in the UI.
  • Fix for HDR brightness calibration screen.
  • Fix for traffic cars not spawning sometimes after a Barn Find cinematic.
  • Fix for displayed value of VIP house when VIP owned, but house not purchased.
  • Fix for rotating wheels when car is stationary in Pause Menu, ForzaVista and Drone Mode.

PC Fixes

• Fix for video options being lost when tweaking AMD GPU clock speeds.
  • Increased quality of grass and tree procedurals at distance when Procedural Quality setting is set to Extreme.
  • Fix for ‘low streaming bandwidth’ message on high spec PCs when GPU-limited.
  • Fix for crash when changing audio devices whilst a video is playing.

Xbox Fixes

• No Xbox-specific fixes.

Not mine, but definitely worth a share:

2 Likes

The car should come with free underground parking!

And a red balloon :balloon:

Some interesting updates/changes to Photo Mode coming with tomorrow’s Content Update…

FH4 Release Notes: December 13th, 2018

We’re constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 4. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this Content Update.

Version Number

• PC: 1.228.387.2
  • Xbox: 1.228.387.0

New Features

• Improved Horizon Life Multiplayer Event Sign-Up
    • When you create a Multiplayer Event, you can post it to the Activity Panel and return to Freeroam while you wait for players to sign up and join. The previous 40-second limit has been removed, and now you can wait for as long as you like for players to join before you start the session.
  • Improved Photo Mode
    • We’ve added more freedom to how you can move and pan the camera, along with bokeh effects and the ability to toggle headlights, drivers, wildlife and crowd characters!

Cross Platform Fixes

• Emotes can now occasionally be found for purchase in the #Forzathon shop.
  • Improved visibility of driving line on mini-map in various colorblind modes.
  • Added messaging to inform players that Cars and Credits must be claimed from the Auction House within 60 days.
  • Added an LSP error message to make users aware they need an update to the game.
  • Seasonal Event names are now shown on the map, making them easier to find.
  • Made a change to allow users who use manual gears to view the map during Route Creation.
  • Fixed an exploit in Route Creator which allowed players to create routes to easily gain a large number of skill points.
  • Fixed an exploit in Rivals which allowed players to use cars that did not meet the event restrictions.
  • Fixed an issue where players who flipped cars, or missed checkpoints were not being reset in Ranked Adventure.
  • Fixed an issue where players could not remove glasses in the Character Customizer.
  • Fixed an issue where players could sometimes get stuck in a Car Mastery Tree, and be unable to navigate from their current tile.
  • Fixed an issue where players were occasionally being teleported to their last created Route Blueprint after a Seasonal Championship.
  • Fixed an issue where the Distance Driven stat was not updating correctly if the player changed their car via the Pause Menu
  • Various stability improvements.

PC Fixes

• Fixed an issue where benchmark mode for Nvidia cards would sometimes show performance degradation when there was none.
  • Fixed an issue where the latest Windows 10 OS was causing a crash when entering speed zones.
  • Fixed infrequent frame drops when using AMD Radeon R9 290X
  • Improved non-standard functions that have been mapped to a controller.

Wheel Fixes

• Fixed extreme sudden movements to wheels during initialization.
  • Fixed the grinding noise in cockpit view when shifting with the Logitech G920.
  • Fixed the deadzones settings functionality for Throttle, Brake, Clutch and Steering.
  • Added UI to make it clearer which way to turn the wheel when mapping a Steering Wheel.

Xbox Fixes

• No Xbox-specific fixes.

Yeah baby. Because of the amazing Game Pass special I will be playing Forza Horizon 4. Woohoo!

3 Likes