Free Borderlands 2 DLC leaked via Steam

A little while ago a rumour started doing the rounds that Gearbox Software will release DLC for Borderlands 2 to get players ready for the launch of Borderlands 3 this September.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/free-borderlands-2-dlc-leaked-via-steam/
2 Likes

My body is ready.

2 Likes

Yeah my Level 72 Krieg is waiting patiently.

I’m also going to start a run of Handsome Collection tonight with a buddy of mine now that it’s free on PS Plus.

2 Likes

Mine tooooooooooooo Mew Multiplayer???!

1 Like

Most assuredly, though I will miss Warframe an awful lot.

1 Like

You can take a break

1 Like

Yesssssssssssssssssss dammit

2 Likes

Good news! I’ve never played the game before but I own it on Steam and PS4 thanks to PS+.

2 Likes

3 Likes

@Wlad we still need to finish our runs of the series. If you are up for it we can jam tonight?

DLC is out now for those who somehow missed the XBOX E3 show.

On PC it’s a 420MB patch and then a further 3GB for the DLC.
On PS4 its a 650MB patch and 5.3 GB for the DLC.
Not sure about XBOX One.

Also, the patch added a nice QOL inmprovement: fast travel locations are now sorted by DLC.

4 Likes

Just to check, for you to get the DLC free, you need the Handsome Jack collection isn’t it? I saw something like that in the presentation.

3 Likes

I believe on PC you just need Borderlands 2. If you check the trailer they released, right at the end it says you have to own Borderlands 2 or Handsome Collection in the fine print at the end.

5 Likes

Ah, did not see the OR so I was just wondering. Will get it downloaded tonight then.

1 Like

Can confirm it loads with just BL2 installed. But as an FYI, the Complete Handsome Collection is on bundle sale on Steam right now for R67. It’s one of those bundles things that checks what you already have in your library and then gives all the missing parts, so if you have BL2 already it’ll be even cheaper for you.

I think it was set as a Weekend Deal so it might expire at around 7pm tonight, though I’m not 100% sure about that.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/8133/Borderlands_The_Handsome_Collection/

2 Likes

I grabbed that deal, I paid R15 for the few I still needed.

2 Likes

Also important to note is that’s its only free until July 8. So if you own the game and don’t plan on playing right now, make sure you at least grab the DLC.

5 Likes

I didn’t realise that you have to grab it. Will get it tonight.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to play this @Wlad we need to finish our playthroughs dude

3 Likes

You mean we need to start. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s kind of an issue now, because you got stuck on Warframe and I started Pre-Sequel on PS4 with another buddy.

But it’s all good. I love Borderlands so we can also play, just have to figure out the timing.

1 Like