Free Weeks/Weekends, Open Betas, Other Limited-Time Free Access Games

I was going to post this message in the Limited-time Free Steam/Origin/Epic/etc. Games thread but it doesn’t quite fit that category. So I decided to create this thread. If you here of any Free for the week, Free for the weekend games (on Steam or elsewhere) and any Open Betas that are running you can post it here. To clarify this for games that are free to play for a limited time - not free to own during the time period, nor free-to-play permanently either.

Anno 1800 is free to play for the week (19-25 August) which is pretty cool considering this in one of the best Anno’s so far.

6 Likes

https://uplay.ubisoft.com/en-GB

Remember that the uplay + is free for the first month.

2 Likes

Might agree anno 1800 is quite good played the free weekend last time with my brother

1 Like

Probably a little early for this one, but I had the page open and will probably forget about it by then, so…

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Open Beta.

Two weekends split into two blocks each. 1st weekend is PlayStation Exclusive, 2nd weekend is for all platforms. PS4 players get access to the 2nd Early Access days as well.

In order to qualify for the Early Access dates and get an extra 2 days in the Beta you will need to have pre-ordered the game before those dates.

WEEKEND 1 PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE
SEP. 12-13
EARLY ACCESS | PS4™

SEP. 14-16
OPEN BETA | PS4™

WEEKEND 2 OPEN TO ALL PLATFORMS
SEP. 19-20
EARLY ACCESS | XBOX® + PC
OPEN BETA | PS4™

SEP. 21-23
OPEN BETA | ALL PLATFORMS

2 Likes

Do beta exclusives still work? Will you choose a platform to play on purely on being able to play it 2 days earlier?

1 Like

Anno 1800 trail week is available for download, 15.26GB

This is when Fibre would come in handy.

1 Like

yep already 12.08GB downloaded, if I had earlier lunch I would have downloaded it sooner

Not a chance! I assume this is one of those cases where PlayStation paid a little extra to get it released on their platform a little earlier.

Two Point Hospital is Free for the weekend. The next two days and seven hours from now.

3 Likes

Kingdom Come Deliverance on Steam Free Weekend (And 50% sale if you decide to buy it. Xbox Game Pass subs - the game has also recently been added to the GP library if you’d prefer to play it there.)

1 Like

There’s almost a pattern developing here. First the game was in the Humble Monthly, then it was added to Game Pass, now it’s getting a free weekend on Steam.

Surviving Mars was similar, also included in Humble Monthly, it’s had two free weekends on Steam, and was included in the Game Pass.

Senua’s Sacrifice also was in a Humble Monthly before it came to Game Pass. Slay the Spire was in the Game Pass before it featured on the Humble Monthly.

2 Likes

Conan Exiles and Conan Unconquered are having a Free Weekend on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/conan/?snr=1_41_4__42

1 Like

Ghost Recon Breakpoint Open Beta next weekend:

PLAY OPEN BETA

SEPTEMBER 26 - 29

Become a Ghost, an elite Spec Ops soldier stranded behind enemy lines. Explore the hostile and mysterious island of Auroa that will put your survival skills to the test and face your toughest enemies ever, the Wolves, ex-brothers-in-arms gone rogue.

BETA TIMING

Preload Starts: 24 September 2019 at 12:00 PM GMT+2
Servers Open: 26 September 2019 at 12:00 PM GMT+2
Servers Close: 29 September 2019 at 4:00 PM GMT+2

BETA CONTENT

Explore solo or team up for four-player co-op in 8 regions of Auroa’s massive open world – including New Argyll, Infinity and more – and tackle two main missions, as well as a number of side missions and daily Faction Missions. Face off against armed drones including the flying Murmur, the land-based Aamon, and the massive, armored Behemoth. And then get ready to test your skills against other players in Ghost War, with two 4v4 PVP modes – Elimination and Sabotage – and three maps, PMC Camp, Skell Port, and R&D Center.

Learn More: https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-updates/2jwR4Yl64hRBw3CIegFQ2b

1 Like

Anyone going to try this Modern Warfare open beta? Should start this evening or tomorrow. (/me too lazy to do time conversion now.)

I am eager, first CoD I might get since MW2.

All platform Open Beta scheduled to start Friday 20th, at 6pm PT which is Saturday 21st at 3am SAST.

I’m keen to try it out if I get the time, if only see how their cross-platform plays. But it’s already looking like it’s going to be a busy weekend, so we’ll see.

I have a code for early access to the BETA. It gives you one day extra (from yesterday)… Might be too late I guess! :wink:

This is the message that appears if you try launch the Modern Warfare Open Beta on PC without a code or pre-order:

SA version of those times are Saturday, 21 Sept @ 7PM - Monday, 23 Sept @ 7PM.

Played 4 rounds so far, not gonna lie it makes me want to get it, although i hate that melee is not insta kill :frowning:

1 Like

Ghost Recon Breakpoint Open Beta now on!
26 - 29 September, all platforms

More Info: https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/beta

2 Likes