Game Bundle Deals

What kind of humble bundle subscription do you guys have?

1 Like

What the hell? That felt like a Pinterest feed of obscure indie games and software. Huge value, but I’ll never touch any of them. If you want to feel good about donating $5 then sure… Or if you just want to pad your games library.

4 Likes

I have whatever the Humble Monthly became - Humble Choice, i think it’s called Choice Classic because I still had 7-odd months left on an annual sub at the time it changed. I think I still have 3/4 months left after pausing and will decide then if I want to keep the sub or not.

2 Likes

Same as Greg, Humble Bundle Classic.

2 Likes

I also have Humble Bundle Classic and also have about 3 or 4 months left. I keep pausing though. I think if I ever use those months then I won’t keep my sub.

2 Likes

The Kingslayer 2 Bundle over on Fanatical is available for another 2 weeks or so.

Contains 5 games and 3 DLC packs, currently priced at under R85:

• Grid (2019)
  • Expeditions: Viking
  • Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator
  • Party Hard 2
  • Duke Nukem Forever
  • Duke Nukem Forever: Hail to the Icons Parody Pack DLC
  • Duke Nukem Forever: The Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC
  • Party Hard 2 DLC: Alien Butt Form DLC
4 Likes

Not nearly as stocked as the Itch.io bundle (which ended up with over 1700 items in it), and also significantly more expensive than it, but still… The latest Humble Fight for Racial Justice bundle of games and comics and ebooks is fantastic value and contains a lot of very good games. If your Steam library is short some of these, the $30 / ~R520 asking price for the bundle is absolutely worth it.

And just like the other bundles, with 100% of your money going directly to charitable causes, you’re doing good by buying games:

Here’s the complete list of the 50 games and 25 ebooks included in the bundle (list compiled by u/221b_Bkr_Strt on Reddit):

Games:

• Age of Wonders III
  • All You Can Eat
  • Armello
  • Baba Is You
  • The Ball
  • BioShock Remastered
  • Broken Age
  • Company of Heroes 2
  • Crowntakers
  • Darkest Dungeon: The Shieldbreaker
  • EarthNight
  • Eastside Hockey Manager
  • Elite Dangerous
  • Endless Space - Collection
  • Football Manatger 2020
  • FRAMED Collection
  • FTL: Advanced Edition
  • GoNNER BLüEBERRY EDiTION
  • Gunscape Standard Edition
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • In Between
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • The Jackbox Party Pack 4
  • Knights of Pen & Paper 2
  • Kingdom: Classic
  • MirrorMoon EP
  • My Memory of Us
  • NBA 2K20
  • Neo Cab
  • A New Beginning - Final Cut
  • Newt One
  • No Time to Explain Remastered
  • observer_
  • Overgrowth
  • Overlord II
  • Pesterquest
  • Planet of the Eyes
  • Plunge
  • Realpolitiks
  • Regular Human Basketball
  • Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
  • Spelunky
  • StarCrossed
  • SUPER TIME FORCE ULTRA
  • Surviving Mars
  • System Shock 2
  • System Shock: Enhanced Edition
  • This War of Mine
  • Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
  • Vertiginous Golf

Books:

• Attack on Titan Anthology by Hajime Isayama
  • Bitter Root Vol. 1
  • Black History in Its Own Words by Ron Wimberly
  • Black Women in Science: A Black History Book for Kids by Kimberly Brown Pellum PhD, Keisha Morris
  • The Book of Awesome Black Americans by Monique L. Jones
  • Decolonizing Wealth by Edgar Villanueva
  • Decolonizing Wealth by Edgar Villanueva (audiobook)
  • Falling In Love With Hominids by Nalo Hopkinson
  • Feed The Resistance: Recipes + Ideas for Getting Involved by Julia Turshen
  • Ghost in the Shell: Global Neural Network by Max Gladstone, Alex de Campi, Brenden Fletcher, Giannis Milonogiannis
  • Locked content The Lessons of Ubuntu: How an African Philosophy Can Inspire Racial Healing in America by Mark Mathabane
  • The Man Who Cried I Am by John A. Williams
  • The Power of Protest: A Visual History of the Moments That Changed the World by Brenda Griffing
  • Prince of Cats by Ron Wimberly
  • RESIST!: Tales From a Future Worth Fighting Against by Gary Whitta, Hugh Howey
  • The Rust Programming Language by Steve Klabnik and Carol Nichols
  • Seven Sisters and a Brother by Marilyn Allman Maye, Harold S Buchanan, Jannette O. Domingo, Joyce Frisby Baynes, Marilyn J. Holifield, Myra E. Rose Rose, Bridget Van Gronigen Warren, Aundrea White Kelley
  • Shaft: A Complicated Man by David F. Walker
  • Six Days in Cincinnati by Dan Méndez Moore, Dan P. Moore
  • The Smart Girl’s Guide to Privacy by Violet Blue
  • Starfinder Core Rulebook
  • Twelve Years A Slave by Solomon Northup
  • Unsung America by Prerna Lal
  • We Are the Change: Words of Inspiration from Civil Rights Leaders by Harry Belafonte
  • Yo, Miss: A Graphic Look at High School by Lisa Wilde

4 Likes

Humble has launched a bundle for Double Fine games. If anything, the bundle has shown that I own a stack of Double Fine’s catalogue already, but also that there are some glaring holes in my collection.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s going to be another skipped month for me.

…I’m getting the feeling we’re not the only ones unhappy with the Humble Choice bundles at the moment. They’re trying everything to try get folk back into the programme.

2 Likes

I played both Vampyr and Call of Cthulhu before. Both were on Game Pass. In fact so many of their bigger games have been on Game Pass that it’s really disappointing.

Another skip for me too.

3 Likes

For the first month in some time, I’m actually considering it. I’m not on the game pass system, and Vampyr has always intruded me… Cthulhu and some of the others look quite good as well. This’ll be the first time in 2020 that I actually want the bundle, though, and reading the Reddit threads confirms that we’re not the only disillusioned ones.

3 Likes

It’s a skip for me too. Last month they wanted to offer me $4 off if I took the bundle.

I actually think the biggest competitor to the bundles is the subscription services (and the free giveaways). There’s less appeal in getting the games in a bundle when you have the chance of it going free, or being added to Game Pass.

3 Likes

The big difference between game subscription services and bundles is that with a bundle you own the licences.

People will only start to appreciate that if/when Microsoft stops renewing the licenses for third-party games for Game Pass and it has to remove them.

But who knows, maybe game subscriptions will be more like music streaming than like video streaming. You’ll see movies and shows constantly leaving Netflix and Showmax, but you won’t often see music dropped from Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play YouTube Music.

Probably has to do with the business model. With music, the artists effectively get paid per stream. It’s not the same with video and games.

1 Like

They should try putting in some good games. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Well currently third party games are on Game Pass for a while and then they replace them with other games. Similar to what Netflix does.

It’s why I missed both Below and Ashen which is sad. Ended up buying Ashen from Steam.

However! Microsoft gives you a discount on all Game Pass games while you are subscribed if you want to buy and keep them. Such a smart model.

2 Likes

Indeed. Humble does the same thing, I believe. If I were earning dollars, pounds, or euro and living in one of those dollar/pound/euro countries I would use Humble more. As it stands, the regional pricing on Steam and the Microsoft Store is just too attractive.

3 Likes

Why not just refer to it as, “one of those respective countries”?

2 Likes

Humble September… not really luring me back…

humble sep 2020

2 Likes

Yeah I think I’ve probably been pausing for 4 months in a row by now.

2 Likes

Mine is cancelled completely. But saying that, there are a few games in this bundle I want. I just dont want ALL of them.

2 Likes