Game Bundle Deals

Fanatical is currently running a Build Your Own Quest VR Bundle. There are some fantastic native Quest 2 VR games in the bundle and I would highly recommend it. Some standout titles include:

• Zero Caliber
  • Puzzling Places
  • A Fisherman’s Tale
  • Down the Rabbit Hole
  • Accounting+

You can opt for:

• 3 titles for $19.99
  • 5 titles for $29.99
  • 9 titles for $49.99

You can also get an extra 5% off coupon lower down on the page. Considering the ridiculous price of native Quest 2 titles, this is actually a great bundle.

Another great bundle is the Must-Play VR Bundle over at Humble Bundle. For at least $18 you get some awesome Steam VR games:

• Vacation Simulator
  • Pistol Whip
  • Ragnarock
  • PowerBeatsVR
  • Down the Rabbit Hole
  • Traffic Jams
  • Propagation VR - Coop DLC
  • Vanishing Realms
  • After the Fall 25% off coupon

The first 5 games listed are easily worth the bundle price.

3 Likes

The games in the May Humble Choice Bundle are confirmed:

That’s another Pause for me. Love Planet Zoo and believe anyone who opts to keep the games this month will too. It alone is worth the price of entrance in my opinion. C&C Remastered is excellent too if you’re into RTS games. Survivng the Aftermath is a challenging survical city-builder, and Battle for Bikini Bottom looks like some top quality platformer laughs. Most of the indies look like solid entries too.

To be fair to Humble, a decent selection of games this month. If Planet Zoo, Genesis Noir, C&C Remastered and Surviving the Aftermath weren’t already in my library I’d be tempted for the first time in months…

Note that the Command & Conquer: Remastered Collection is only available as an Origin/EA key. All the others are Steam keys.

2 Likes

Another very good single title tiered bundle from Humble.

cscc

Cities Skylines - Colossal Collection

Reach for the sky in the beloved city-building sim. Experience the challenges, crises, and triumphs of running a city in Cities: Skylines, the award-winning metropolis-management sim from Paradox Interactive and developer Colossal Order!

This expansive bundle includes the core game & six years’ worth of extra content that builds on the game’s sprawling foundation, including:

• 9 expansions—everything up through 2021’s Sunset Harbor
  • 21 add-ons—featuring Content Creator packs, new music, and the Deluxe Edition Upgrade

The only elements missing is the recent Airports DLC, 2 content creator packs (Map Pack and Vehicles of the World), and two radio station DLC (Calm the Mind and On Air.)

The combined (Steam) value of the base game and the 30 DLC items included in the top tier is over R3100. At $20 (~R315), if you have Cities Skylines on a Wishlist, or even if you’re wanting to add DLC content to your game, this is an amazing deal.

Tier 1 - 1 item @ $1 (~R16)

• Cities: Skylines

Tier 2 - 5 items @ $10 (~R160)

• Content Creator Pack: Art Deco
  • Snowfall
  • After Dark
  • Deluxe Edition Upgrade Pack

Tier 3 - 14 items @ $15 (~R235)

• All That Jazz
  • Green Cities
  • Content Creator Pack: European Suburbia
  • Concerts
  • Mass Transit
  • Rock City Radio
  • Natural Disasters
  • Content Creator Pack: High-Tech Buildings
  • Relaxation Station
  • Snowfall
  • After Dark

Tier 4 - 31 items @ $20 (~R315)

• Content Creator Pack: Train Stations
  • Content Creator Pack: Bridges & Piers
  • Sunny Breeze Radio
  • Rail Hawk Radio
  • Sunset Harbor
  • Content Creator Pack: Modern Japan
  • Coast to Coast Radio
  • Content Creator Pack: Modern City Center
  • Downtown Radio
  • Campus
  • Content Creator Pack: University City
  • Deep Focus Radio
  • Campus Radio
  • Industries
  • Synthetic Dawn Radio
  • Parklife
  • Country Road Radio
  • All That Jazz
  • Green Cities
  • Content Creator Pack: European Suburbia
  • Concerts
  • Mass Transit
  • Rock City Radio
  • Natural Disasters
  • Content Creator Pack: High-Tech Buildings
  • Relaxation Station
  • Snowfall
  • After Dark
  • The top tier also includes a 20% off voucher for the 5 missing DLC if you purchase them off the Humble Store. But, even with the discount, these 5 items who be cheaper (at least for SA buyers) if bought directly on Steam.

No indication of how long the bundle will be on sale for, or if keys are limited. Grab it when you can if you want it.

3 Likes

June Humble Choice Games:

Game Genres Reviews Steam Price
Phoenix Point Year One Edition Turn-Based, Strategy 72% of 3,143 R175
Star Wars: Squadrons * Flight, Space-Sim, Action 71% of 19,798 R650
Call of the Sea Adventure, Puzzle 90% of 1,995 R130
Gamedec CRPG, Detective, Cyberpunk 81% of 558 R499
Pumpkin Jack 3D Platformer, Action-Adventure 93% of 2,814 R175
Siege Survival: Gloria Victis Survival, Management, ImmSim 83% of 780 R135
I am Fish 3D Platformer 77% of 744 R159
SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE Shooter, Time Manipulation 86% of 6.491 R149

* Squadrons comes as an Origin key, the others are all Steam

And another pause month for me. It’s getting silly now. I think I may just give up on holding out for a decent Choice selection with more than half that interest me and just take whatever they give from next month to the end of the year and be done with it. I’ll have a grand old key giveaway party at the end of the year/early next year with all the unused keys.

4 Likes

If you have Game Pass then Humble Bundle really doesn’t seem worth it.

I played Squadrons and Call of the Sea on Game Pass and I own Phoenix Point.

3 Likes

Very decent new multi-tier Lego: At the Movies bundle from Humble up at the moment: 9 older Lego games (with Steam costs of almost R3 000) for just $10 (~R170 / under R20 per game).

Humble’s Lego at the Movies Game Bundle

Tier 1 - $1 (R17)

Tier 2 - $8.40 currently (~R145)

Tier 3 - $10 (~R170)

3 Likes

Humble Choice Bundle Games - July 2022

Game Genres Reviews Steam Price HLTB metacrtic OpenCritic
Deep Rock Galactic FPS, Looter-Shooter, Roguelike 97% (113,710 reviews) R175 59h 85 85
ATOM RPG Trudograd CRPG, Survival, Turn-Based 92% (2,522 reviews) R99 28h 80 78
Legion TD 2 Tower Defense, Auto Battler 85% (7,260 reviews) R130
Yes, Your Grace Management, Choices Matter 85% (5,568 reviews) R130 6h 74
Legend of Keepers Turn-Based, Dungeon Crawler 81% (3,078 reviews) R130 28h 75
Banners of Ruin Cardbattler, Roguelike 80% (1,488 reviews) R130 8h
Lawn Mowing Simulator Simulation 76% (1,153 reviews) R300 71
Necromunda: Hired Gun Action, Shooter, FPS 71% (3,925 reviews)) R549 8h 58
3 Likes

Thanks for the reminder to skip my month :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Deep Rock is great, but I already have it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I’ve skipped every month this year so far.

1 Like

Nice tiered collection from Humble for the younger gamers amongst us…

A collection of games based on some of the most popular animated series and characters around! This bundle of family-friendly favorites from Outright Games features Peppa Pig, Ben 10, Paw Patrol, Adventure Time, and more hit franchises to fill the summer downtime with fun. Plus, your purchase helps support Sandy Hook Promise!

OG Summer Break Games Bundle

Pay at least US$10 (≈R175) for these 10 items

My Friend Peppa Pig
Ben 10: Power Trip
Jumanji: The Video Game
Paw Patrol Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay
Paw Patrol: On A Roll!

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion
Transformers: Battlegrounds
DreamWorks Dragons: Dawn of New Riders
Ben 10

Crayola Scoot

3 Likes

Humble Choice games for August are out. Actually a pretty decent set this month, especially if you don’t own the headliners.

Game Genres Rating Steam Price HLTB Cards
The Ascent Shooter, Isometric, Cyberpunk 77% (2317 reviews) R469 12 h
Hot Wheels Unleashed Racing, Arcade 81% (2492 reviews) R499 7.5 h Yes
A Plague Tale: Innocence Adventure, Stealth, Dark Fantasy 93% (39440 reviews) R449 10.5 h Yes
Gas Station Simulator Simulation, Economy, Management 86% (12633 reviews) R130 12 h
In Sound Mind Horror, Action 95% (1073 reviews) R205 9 h Yes
Mind Scanners Management, Simulation 83% (551 reviews) R115 4 h
Emily is Away < 3 Choices Matter, Conversation 94% (3614 reviews) R79 4 h Yes
Omno Platformer, Exploration 92% (749 reviews) R125 3.5 h

A Plague Tale: Innocence and The Ascent are currently on Game Pass. Some of the others may be too?

Table adapted from Reddit

2 Likes

Finally decided to cancel Humble Choice. It’s not even worth the effort of pausing every month anymore.

5 Likes

That bad is it? Going to have a look at September’s games later. Decided a while ago to run my annual subscription out by claiming everything each month until it runs out. Definitely not renewing.

3 Likes

Humble Choice - September 2022

Game Genre Steam Rating Metacritic Rating Steam Price HLTB to Completionist
Crusader Kings III RPG, Simulation, Strategy 92% - VP 91 R349 1026 hours
Just Cause 4 Complete Edition Action, Adventure 63% - MX 68 R914 54 hours
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos RPG, Strategy 88% - VP 72 R205 39 hours
Forgive Me Father FPS, Horror, Retro 87% - VP 72 R150 15 hours
Crown Trick Adventure, Indie, RPG 86% - VP 83 R275 22 hours
Industria Action, Adventure, Indie 75% - MP 67 R130 3 hours
Descenders Action, Racing Sports 95% - OP 78 R150 123 hours
Shapez + Puzzle DLC Simulation, Casual, Indie 97% - OP R 141 38 hours

The value of the Just Cause Complete Edition alone makes this a good deal for frugal gamers. :smiley: Some decently rated other games in the bundle too, although nothing really stands out for me. Only one I have already is Descenders - it’s a good bit of fun - which I’ll go setup a little giveaway for in the Giveaways thread shortly.

1 Like

What ultimately kills this bundle’s value is that Crusader Kings III, Just Cause 4, Dungeon of Naheulbeuk and Descenders are all available on Game Pass. JC 4 was given away on Epic at some stage.

Sure the Game Pass titles will eventually go off the service but for many that’s not too much of an issue. If you’re wanting CK 3 then this would probably be the best deal to get it though.

2 Likes

2K Megahits Tiered Bundle

Top tier for 17 games at $16 (~R280). Some solid headliners there if you don’t have them in your library.

Borderlands 3, XCOM, Civilization VI, BioShock, and more! Blast aliens, explore frontiers, and build dynasties in this mega-sized collection of some of 2K’s most enduring megahits!

Hunt for loot across Pandora in Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe, featuring the first Season Pass & more bonus content. Defend Earth in XCOM Ultimate Collection, including the acclaimed modern remake & its sequel (plus every DLC!), along with Chimera Squad.

Build a timeless empire in the award-winning strategy game Sid Meier’s Civilization VI. Return to undersea Rapture and skyborne Columbia in BioShock: The Collection. Plus, get Mafia: Definitive Edition, PGA 2K21, and tons more!

2k Megahits Game Bundle

Tier 1 @ $1

Tier 2 @ $10

Tier 3 @ $16

4 Likes

Including the 2019 golf game is kinda pointless. The 2k21 game is better in every way and most custom content for 2019 can be used in 2k21. Weird, but I guess it helps those out who cannot afford the higher tier.

Then again they catch guys like me because the only game I want is in the top tier…

2 Likes

Borderlands 3? Yeah, it’s hella tempting by itself at that price. The Super Deluxe Edition is R1200 on Steam:

1 Like

I’m considering double-dipping as I own the base game on EGS and always wanted to get into the expansions… Getting the remastered Mafia would also be a bonus. I do own many of the other games in the other tiers though (like PGA 2K21, Civ 6, BioShock, Railroad Tycoon 3 and XCOM).

2 Likes

I bought it twice, because I didn’t want to miss out on launch, and later, because I’m just that ALL in on steam :see_no_evil:. Although I did have issues playing co-op with EGS. Steam was less problematic.

2 Likes