Game Bundle Deals

Sounds like a dream :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It comes at a great personal cost…

1 Like

2 Likes

While we’re on the (slightly off topic) topic of video editing: What would you guys recommend? I am using Movie Maker as @GregRedd somehow deduced; can anyone recommend a good alternative that is easy to use? I really don’t want to sink a huge amount of time into learning a really complex piece of editing software; I’ve stuck to MM so far mainly because it is super quick and easy. I would however like to have a few more advanced editing options, and potentially better quality encoding with reduced file size. MM is very limited in that regard. Tips welcome!

2 Likes

I do feel davinci is the best free one, and it’s quite simple. Obviously I’m pro Vegas Pro which is also simple, but not free. iMovie is simple and free but mac only. Any of the Adobe ones are very powerful, but not simple at all and not free.

You’ll struggle to find good free ones that can do a lot with regard to exporting options as most of the encoders are proprietary so someone has to pay somewhere for more options. The ones that have the options are subsidised somewhere or will make you pay somewhere else.

2 Likes

Ha, I just realised that I bought last years Vegas Pro Bundle.

2 Likes

Fanatical / Bundle Stars have one of their incredible bundles running currently. Grab it while you still can!

6 Likes

:joy:

Any Sonic the Hedgehog fans? Humble have just released a new tiered bundle that may be just what you need:

PNG

The Humble Sonic Bundle

PAY $1 OR MORE!

• Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode I
  • Sonic Adventure DX
  • Sonic CD
  • Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
  • Sonic Adventure 2
  • Sonic Adventure 2 Battle DLC

PAY MORE THAN THE AVERAGE OF $6.81 TO ALSO UNLOCK!

• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Collection
  • Sonic Lost World
  • Sonic Generations Collection
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode 2

PAY $15 OR MORE TO ALSO UNLOCK!

• Sonic Mania
  • Sonic Forces

The Humble Sonic Bundle should be avaialble for the next 2 weeks, or until keys run out (and they’re going fast - in the 5 minutes or so since I made the screen shot another 700 bundles have been sold!)

3 Likes

I am a sonic fan, but I think I’ve had my time with it. No really interested in replaying all of them again.

3 Likes

Humble has a photography software deal on now too

2 Likes

In your professional opinion, is that software any good though?

1 Like

I used to live in PaintShop Pro many years ago, before Corel bought them. It’s the reason I went over to the Corel Graphics Suite rather than Adobe.

2 Likes

For me I think Adobe is ahead of the game with photography software. I use gimp and Rawtherapee on my secondary pc but some of the more hectic stuff they struggle with. I don’t think anyone can beat photoshop’s content aware fill, for instance. It’s pure witchcraft.
So it really depends on what you want to do with it. Basic to intermediate things should be fine with whatever software you feel comfortable with, but if you going to pick it up a level then I would suggest adobe.
I’m also considering getting it just to have an alternative. It’s a pay once deal where Adobe now has their subscription. I’m not a fan of subscriptions but it’s the world we live in.
I also like the Corel suite. Used their CorelCad at a point rather than Autodesk software.

That reply was longer than it should have been :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It really does boil down to what you’re comfortable with. I don’t do rasterized editing, but love my vector editors. I’m a magician with CorelDraw and proficient enough in Inkscape, but it feels like dancing with 2 left feet when I open Indesign. I haven’t ever had to do something in CorelDraw that it wasn’t up to the task to.

2 Likes

The Pick-and-Mix Staff Picks 2018 bundle on Fanatical is quite good especially because of the selection of games available in it. Instead of the usual tiers you can build your own bundle with either 1 Game for $1, 3 Games for $2.49 or 5 Games for $3.49

Here are the games you can choose from:

Rebel Galaxy

Dex

The Sexy Brutale

Songbringer

Super Cloudbuilt

Savage Lands

Outpost Zero

Beholder

Beholder - Blissful Sleep DLC

Comedy Night

The Lion's Song: Season Pass

Seraph

Overfall

The Signal From Tölva

Forward to the Sky

The Metronomicon

Shuyan Saga

Grey Goo Definitive Edition

Space Hulk Ascension

Shark Attack Deathmatch 2

Punch Club - Deluxe Edition

Tropico 4: Collectors Bundle

Dungeon Rushers

Monochroma

3 Likes

Been a bit quiet in here recently… Time for another Bundle methinks!

6603e7c3-999e-433b-99dc-93bc5fc4c297

Colossus Bundle

Tier 1 - $1 / R15*

• Chaos Reborn
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior Trilogy

Tier 2 - $4.99 / R70*

• The Last Leviathan
  • Moon Hunters
  • The Town of Light
  • Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
  • Heliborne
  • Epistory - Typing Chronicles
  • Locked Game 1
  • Locked Game 2

Tier 3 - $8.99 / R130*

• Mafia III
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth

* Rand values are approximate

3 Likes

Wow, the top tier’s games are well worth the R130! If I didn’t already own Mafia III on both Steam and PS4, I would’ve jumped at that bundle. Sitll, Civ: BE is very tempting to grab…

2 Likes

I’m too late. It seems like tier 3 is gone…

1 Like

Im trying to decide If its worth it or not?

I suck at strategy games and the only one I really want is plague inc

3 Likes