Game Pass | Ultimate • Console • PC • Core

I got an email last night about the pricing update as well.

Hello there,

Thank you for subscribing to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Your current promotional period is ending and your subscription will continue at its regular monthly price of R119,00 ZAR including taxes beginning on March 9, 2022. You can manage your subscription here.

With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you get access to over 100 high-quality games for console, PC, and Android mobile devices from the cloud (Beta), plus games from EA Play, and Xbox Live Gold.

Discover your next game today.

3 Likes

So it’s confirmed then - no idea why they’ve done it so quietly though. Not complaining, just curious.

At R149, Ultimate was excellent value. At R119, it’s insanely good value. And single service subs for PC or Console only at R79 are an absolute steal. Long may it last!

2 Likes

So I dont loose out if I swap to the jut the PC version, I just wont have access to xbox games on a console right? Nothing else changes? Cos if that is the case I will drop down to just that - I don’t need ultimate and ever little bit of saving helps.

Yeah, if you don’t have an Xbox it doesn’t make sense to have Ultimate from what I can tell. You’re better off saving the extra bucks and dropping down or staying on the dedicated PC platform.

2 Likes

That is what I just did.

1 Like

Yup if you’re just gaming on PC then the PC pass is the way to go.

2 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

New month, new games! The Game Pass additions for the first half of March have been released, and there’s some serious gaming to be done again…

Available Today - Tuesday, 1 March

• Far: Changing Tides (Cloud, Console, and PC) | Day One Release
    Embark on a stunning new journey in this atmospheric vehicle adventure set in a beautifully realized, post-apocalyptic world. As protagonist, Toe, you must navigate the flooded landscape at the helm of a unique ship that upgrades and evolves as you progress on your journey. Solve puzzles, navigate the changing weather and dive to unknown depths in your search for a new home.

• Microsoft Flight Simulator (Cloud)
    Experience the joy of flying with Microsoft Flight Simulator, available today with Xbox Cloud Gaming on the devices you already own, including Xbox One, phone, tablet, and PC. Test your piloting skills against the challenges of real-time atmospheric simulation and live weather in a dynamic and living world. The sky is calling!

Coming Soon - Thursday, 3 March

• Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Console and PC)
    Lightning, the star of the Final Fantasy XIII series, is poised to face her ultimate challenge. Experience a new game world, a new battle system, and extended customization features. The world will end in 13 days. Once again, its fate rests on the shoulders of one woman.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 10 March

• Kentucky Route Zero (Cloud, Console, and PC) | ID@Xbox
    Kentucky Route Zero is a magical realist adventure game about a secret highway running through the caves beneath Kentucky, and the mysterious folks who travel it.

• Lawn Mowing Simulator (Xbox One) | ID@Xbox
    Lawn Mowing Simulator is currently available now on PC, Xbox Series X|S, and with Xbox Cloud Gaming, and is coming soon to Xbox One consoles! Take a break from the real world and enjoy the challenge and serenity of mowing the Great British countryside in Lawn Mowing Simulator.

• Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Fire up Star-Lord’s jet boots for a wild ride across the cosmos in this third-person action-adventure game, a fresh take on Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. With the unpredictable Guardians at your side, blast your way from one explosive situation to another, with original and iconic Marvel characters caught in a struggle for the fate of the universe. You got this. Probably.

• Young Souls (Cloud, Console, and PC) | ID@Xbox | Day One Release
    Gear up and begin your journey solo or coop to rescue the Professor. Young Souls draws you in with not only its stunning art direction, clever beat ’em up gameplay and RPG mechanics, but also with its sharp writing and incredible universe setting between two worlds you will fall in love with. Plus, Ultimate members can play with Xbox Touch Controls from their mobile device on day one with cloud gaming!

Leaving Soon - Tuesday, 15 March

• Nier: Automata (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Phogs! (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Torchlight III (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Surge 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

4 Likes

ooh, I paused my subscription but I might sign up for Guardians of the Galaxy, it looked fun.

2 Likes

Guardians of the Galaxy is a big hitter - I’ve heard lots of good things about it so that’s a must-play.

Far: Changing Tides also looks good. And after hearing about Kentucky Route Zero for years it may be interesting to see what it’s all about.

3 Likes

And some other great news for PC Game Pass:

3 Likes

I love games like Kentucky Route Zero. I did not like Kentucky Route Zero though. In my opinion it’s highly overrated. It’s beautiful, obscure, everything that I normally like and yet, it just didn’t.

4 Likes

https://www.thegamer.com/xbox-guardians-of-the-galaxy-buying-games-wait-for-game-pass/

1 Like

Coming Soon to Game Pass

In the blink of an eye we’re halfway through March already. And having barely had time to touch the new Game Pass additions from two weeks ago, here’s the second batch of games coming to Game Pass this month.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 17 March

• Shredders (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) | Day One Release
    Break into the snowboarding event of the year in the hope of scoring a wildcard entry to an exclusive invitational. To prove you’re up to the challenge, master the art of park riding, buttering rails, and massive kickers and earn your place in the world of snowboarding.

• The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Live an adventure filled with humor, surprises, and silly encounters as you step into the wacky heroic fantasy universe of The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk . Lead a team of unlikely and clumsy heroes in this epic and challenging tactical RPG.

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 22 March

• Tainted Grail: Conquest (Console)
    Already available with PC Game Pass and now coming to console.
    Explore the ever-changing maps, fight with deadly enemies, and learn what happened to the cursed island of Avalon in this unique, infinitely replayable, story-driven hybrid between a deck-building roguelike and an RPG game. Create your own combos out of hundreds of cards and learn how to survive in a dark, unforgiving world shrouded by a mysterious, deadly force known as the wyrdness.

• Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    A group of strangers are kidnapped and forced to participate in a diabolical game of death. Who can be trusted? Tensions rise as the situation becomes increasingly dire. Can you find a way out of The Nonary Games? Or will you pay the ultimate price?

Coming Soon - Thursday, 24 March

• Norco (PC) | Day One Release
    Play the southern gothic point-and-click narrative adventure for yourself and explore the sinking suburbs and verdant industrial swamps of a distorted South Louisiana. Your brother Blake has gone missing in the aftermath of your mother’s death. In the hopes of finding him, you must follow a fugitive security android through the refineries, strip malls, and drainage ditches of suburban New Orleans.

• F1 2021 (Console) | EA Play
    It’s lights out and away we go! EA Play and Game Pass Ultimate members can experience a gripping F1 story, hit the track with their own team and live every Formula 1 fan’s ultimate fantasy as F1 2021 joins a collection of racing games available to play on EA Play.

Coming Soon - Tuesday, 29 March

• Crusader Kings III (Xbox Series X|S)
    Already available with PC Game Pass and now coming to Xbox Series X|S consoles.
    Live the life of a medieval ruler in Paradox Development Studio’s award-winning strategy role-playing game, Crusader Kings III! Assume the leadership of a medieval noble family, increasing its power and reputation through the generations. As one ruler dies, they are replaced by an heir who may have very different abilities or interests, forcing you to adjust your long-term plans.

Coming Soon - Thursday, 31 March

• Weird West (Cloud, Console, and PC) | Day One Release
    Weird West is a dark fantasy reimagining of the Wild West where lawmen and gunslingers share the frontier with fantastical creatures, each playing with their own rules and their own peculiar motives.

Leaving Soon - Thursday, 31 March

• Madden NFL 20 (Cloud, Console, and PC) EA Play
  • Narita Boy (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Shadow Warrior 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Leaving Soon - Monday, 11 April

• Destiny 2: Beyond Light, Shadowkeep, and Forsaken (PC)

3 Likes

Pity that F1 2021 isn’t coming to PC Game Pass, we could have organised some casual races.

3 Likes

Since it’s casual, we Xbox owning plebs could do it? Anyone?

2 Likes

I didn’t realise you subscribed to the pleb methodology, either way, for sure. I miss the Dirt shenanigans.

3 Likes

I thought F1 2021 was coming to Gape Mass today? I don’t see it as being available and the Xbox store still shows it as available to purchase.

2 Likes

Maybe too early when you looked? I’m m seeing it in the Game Pass app:

3 Likes

Someone asked about this recently…

Windows Central’s Jez Corden confirms that “Xbox is moving ahead with an Xbox Game Pass Family Plan, which could be set to launch sometime this year”!

The Xbox Game Pass family plan should include access for up to five players.

3 Likes

Activision games spotted (briefly) on an Xbox Game Pass Deals page. No actual deals, but a possible indication of things happening in the background already?

5 Likes