Xbox Game Pass

Discover Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Xbox Game Pass for PC - E3 2019 - Announce Trailer

2 Likes

Not quite yet I think. A lot of these games will also be on steam. Will have to see what the market prefers.

I will be sticking to my steam/gog style of purchasing as I don’t like subscriptions service as much. Issue is you have to like 75% of the games imho for it to make sense.

Valve may need to adjust somethings with the competion its facing but that isn’t a bad thing. Competition is fine as long as its not artificial as is the epic method with exclusivity…

2 Likes

What are you talking about streaming?

2 Likes

got confused with stadia and this. Edit fixed.

5 Likes

Not sure if this affects anyone else, but I’ve been struggling to get Metro Exodus installed on my Desktop with XGP-PC. Keep getting a message saying that I don’t have any applicable devices connected to my account. Very frustrating and irritating. Have checked all the places where my account is used, and I am signed into it. Checked my registered devices on the account and my desktop is definitely in the list (together with my work laptop and Xbox console.)

I now just discovered that in order to use Xbox Game Pass for PC, your machine must be on the latest version of Win10 (1903, the May 2019 update) and you must install the Xbox (beta) app.

Requires Windows 10 (latest update) and the Xbox (beta) app to play PC games.
From this page here: https://www.xbox.com/en-ZA/xbox-game-pass/pc-games

I’m still on 1809, and despite the MS site saying β€œWindows 10, version 1903 is available for any user who manually selects β€œCheck for updates” via Windows Update.” neither my desktop or laptop will update, despite me doing the manual check for updates thing a number of times.

Running the installer prompts a message that says my machine is not ready for the update yet and then shuts down. So presumably I need the Win10 update to install first, then will retry the App installer.

The weird thing is that I did manage to install Sunset Overddrive last night without any issues, so I’m not sure why it ain’t working now.

3 Likes

If any of you have problems with the XBox Beta app not displaying correctly, change your regional settings to English (UK) from English (South Afica). That fixed it for me.

3 Likes

Mine just ran the update for me when I installed the XBOX Beta app. My mate is having the same problem as you. I guess I am just lucky.

We checked and its not like I am in any Insider program or special accounts or anything. Very weird.

2 Likes

That’s what I eventually did to get the 1903 update to install - rejoined the Insider Preview program and it immediately started the update. Ran it overnight and haven’t had a chance to check if it solves the Xbox App issue yet, but I’m pretty sure that it will.

I didn’t run into any issues as well. I downloaded the beta Xbox App from the Microsoft website and ran through the wizard. It started the update, my PC updated and afterwards the installation completed without an issue. Managed to install Surviving Mars afterwards very easily. Perhaps try the Xbox Beta app to do the update.

That’s what I did try. It told me (rather polielty) that my machine β€œwasn’t ready”. Forced the update through the Preview program though, and just started the app install and it seems to be fine now.

I checked for interest sake and found out that I’m on 1803

1 Like

And done. Metro Exodus installing without any issues to my PC.

• I like the interface. So much cleaner than the old Xbox app.
  • Launcher on the side picked up the games I already have installed.
  • Like that you can now at least choose a drive for the installation.
  • The Social section has a distinct Discord feel to it, and messaging supports images and gifs. Say hello @oltman!
  • And no more messing around in the Windows Store either - BIG plus from me for that alone!
2 Likes

OK. Hello.

1 Like

im installing that once im done with wolfenstein II

1 Like

Going to start putting Game Pass info into this thread as there’s more and more stuff relevant to both Xbox and to Win10.

Like the fact that Game Pass Ultimate subscribers can download and play Gears 5 Ultimate Edition on either Windows PC or Xbox One right now. Like right now, now. A full 5 days ahead of the games’ wide release.

Go slay some Locusts!

2 Likes

Coming to Game Pass for Console:

19 September:

• Jump Force
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

26 September:

• Bad North
  • Dirt Rally 2.0
  • Lego Worlds
1 Like

Out today for Game Pass for PC:

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Shadow Warrior 2
2 Likes

I love this service! I am currently playing Gears 5 and I’ve been wanting Bloodstained, but it costs more on Steam than I paid for the Premium Edition of Mortal Kombat 11. Also pre-loading The Outer Worlds.

3 Likes

Sheesh! You had me excited! Thought it comes out in the next day or so… Still more than a month away!

2 Likes

I was also bummed when I saw it was releasing for XBOX, until I saw it’s now for PC as well! Seeing as I love Metroidvanias and have been yearning for a Castlevania-like one for a while now, Bloodstained piqued my interest. I even wishlisted it on Steam…

Also playing Gears 5 currently, as well as Age of Empires Definitive Edition and anxiously awaiting AOE2: DE in November. I didn’t see the value in Game Pass at first, but they converted me this past weekend.

2 Likes