Horizon Zero Dawn for PC

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for PC will be released on Steam and Epic Games Store on August 7, 2020.

PC Features Trailer:

trailer confirms the port will feature unlocked framerates, dynamic foliage, controller mapping, improved reflections, benchmarking tools, ultrawide support, and plenty more.

Ridiculously well priced on Steam at R269:

Or $49.99 (R850+) $22 (~R375) on Epic if you want it there:

3 Likes

It’s only $22 on the local Epic Game Store.

2 Likes

That’s a lot better than the US pricing then - well done those guys!

1 Like

But whats the gameplay like?

1 Like

Great. Definitely worth the R269, and then some. Open world RPG with robot dinosaurs. What more do you need.

1 Like

I think you’ll like it. It’s a gorgeous game, with great gameplay and one of the better stories I’ve played through. It really is a no-brainer for anyone who hasn’t played it on PS4 yet, especially at that price. You’ll get a good 50+ hours out of the game.

It’s a light RPG game with skill points, weapons are all different kinds of bows, with the odd “gun” and some melee action with your spear. Weapons and armour can be buffed according to your playstyle. There’s some climbing involved, ala Tomb Raider, but not a lot. Cover and stealth plays an important role early in the game if you don’t want to be trampled by the first big Robosaurus that spots you, but it becomes easy after you level up enough and acquire some decent gear. There are lots of side quests and “trials” (the hunting grounds) to complete and loads of collectables to hunt down.

But you play this game for the story. The visuals, sound and gameplay just accentuate this phenomenal game.

EDIT: Forgot to mention you have traps and slings in your arsenal as well, but I rarely used them. I stuck to bows pretty much throughout the game.

2 Likes

That is great value indeed! Obviously they already made their money and then some, so this is enough to just cover Steam’s fees :smiley:

2 Likes

Already pre-ordered, that’s a pretty good price for what appears to be a very good game, and I love me some robots. Plus I got to use my extra R35 off so it was just R234 for me. :grin:

Apparently it’s already the top seller on Steam too and this while there is a sale going on.

5 Likes

I should have done the same, and not waited until this evening to look at the stuff on sale… it’s showing as R680 on Steam now :frowning:

And it looks like we’re not alone, and it happened fairly recently:

Still at $22 on Epic, but unfortunately because it’s a Pre-Order the $10 coupon is not applicable. Now I wonder if the price is going to be pushed up there too?

2 Likes

Eish, that sucks. Will have to wait for a steep discount before getting it one day.

3 Likes

Wow that’s crazy! Guess I was lucky?

2 Likes

Yeah, I was holding off a little, thinking that the sale would last to the end of the summer sale (July 9th). Oh damn. Will also hold off to the next sale on it

2 Likes

Still cheap-ish on Epic, plus I have a $10 voucher i could use.

2 Likes

Unfortunately you can’t use vouchers with preorders

3 Likes

Yeah. You could wait until the game releases and then buy it with the coupon - they’re valid until November I think. But there’s the risk that when the Epic Store staff get back to work on Monday morning they’ll find the “Change the Prices!!!” email from Sony waiting for them and the still reasonable For what it is $22 price gets pushed up on there as well.

3 Likes

That’s quite crap. I was planning on buying it again for PC today!

2 Likes

Showing at $40 for me on Epic now, which, at ~R670, is now roughly equal to the increased price on Steam. Not sure when they made the change though.

I’ll repeat my previous comment:

1 Like

I know the explanation was going around that the prices were pushed up because of VPN abuse, but I don’t think that was the case. With Steam you could use a VPN to buy the game for cheap in Rands but then the game is region locked to South Africa. What this means is that to add the game to your library you have to have you account registered as South African (can do a region switch) and then use the VPN to be located in SA to even launch the game.

I know all this because I bought a copy of COD: Infinite Warfare a while back from CD Keys and found out that it was region locked. To get around this I used a VPN to create a new Steam account in France (one of the VPN options) and then have the VPN routing active to play it. If I launched Steam with that account and didn’t have my routing through France it would not work. The reason for the new account was that I didn’t want to risk my main library!

So the jump in price was merely the publisher “equalising” the prices between regions. In other words, it’s all on Sony and one can’t pass the blame onto people abusing VPN rerouting.

1 Like

Y’all better be sharing your screenshots.

1 Like