Horizon Zero Dawn for PC

1 Like

It’s not perfect, but it’s good enough for me. Getting between 56 and 60 FPS most of the time at 1440p at whatever settings the game set itself to.

I’m loving the game so far.

edit: My settings:

Edit 2:
Changing clouds and reflections to medium allows me to push everything else up to Ultra and get over 60fps. So I’m going with that.

3 Likes

Really great to hear :blush:

1 Like

Has your game ever crashed? seeing a lot of people complaining about random crashes, and problems.

I downloaded the test version out of curiosity and I’m getting very mixed performance. During cutscenes there is a lot of lag. The game will stutter every couple of seconds. During gameplay it goes much better. There are still stutters here and there but not nearly as frequent as during the cutscenes. When it’s smooth it’s really smooth and you can really tell the game is running at double the frame rate of (base) PS4. It doesn’t seem to be a bad port but it does need some patches to smooth things over. Might buy this on a sale down the line but I’ve already deleted the test version.

busy with my own test version as well…yea i think it doesnt include the day 1 patch, so theres that already…but yea have heard some bad things about the port :confused:

Yeah it has crashed about 4 or 5 times so far, but usually after a few hours of playing.

Still thoroughly enjoying it though.

2 Likes

Yeah I think a lot of the troubles can be overlooked, just because it’s a “bad port” shouldn’t make it a bad experience. Still a fantastic game and glad you’re enjoying it @MetalSoup

1 Like

I’ll rather have a bad port than no port.

3 Likes

Look, I can fully understand it being bad if it were worse than base PS4 performance, and I get that PCMR users want to be able to max out their rigs and run games in ultra HDRFPS144Hz360noscope mode, but if it’s stable for the most part, it can still be enjoyed.

From the little bit I’ve played it was not stable at all. Granted this was a test copy and does not have the latest patches and all that. But it’s clear the game can run smooth, it just doesn’t.

Just finished the game. I really liked the story.

3 Likes

That seemed quick. I finished in around 100 hours.

Well, 100 hours have passed since the game launched… I completed it in around 60 hours, doing most side quests.

3 Likes

The award-winning action role-playing game created by Guerrilla studio finally makes its way to your PC. Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition is coming soon on GOG.COM! The GOG version of the game will be released on November 24th with a full set of GOG GALAXY 2.0 features, including achievements, cloud saves, and more.

NCLUDES:

• Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Frozen Wilds expansion
  • Carja Storm Ranger Outfit and Carja Mighty Bow
  • Carja Trader Pack
  • Banuk Trailblazer Outfit and Banuk Culling Bow
  • Banuk Traveller Pack
  • Nora Keeper Pack
  • Digital art book

Curious to see what it’ll be priced at after the pricing shenanigans when it released on Steam and Epic. It’s still at between R650 and R680 there at the moment.

3 Likes