Free Games (Steam/Origin/Epic/GOG/Prime)

We keep forgetting to mention the biweekly free game over on the Epic Store. At the moment it’s Thimbleweed Park, free until the 7th March.

2 Likes

Indie Gala are giving away Dreaming Sarah as a DRM free download: Link

3 Likes
3 Likes

Grid 2 + DLC free for a limited time on Humble:

Requires newsletter sign-up.

1 Like
2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Gaming Deals

Tacoma, free for a limited time on Humble.

Tacoma is a sci-fi narrative adventure from the creators of Gone Home. Set aboard a high-tech space station in the year 2088, explore every detail of how the station’s crew lived and worked, finding the clues that add up to a gripping story of trust, fear, and resolve in the face of disaster.

*Requires newsletter subscription.

2 Likes

Oxenfree, Free on EPIC store

3 Likes

I enjoyed Oxenfree a lot. Can definitely recommend it to those who haven’t tried it yet.

2 Likes

It’s funny how many of these free game giveaways I already have from Twitch Prime or Humble subs. Beginning to think I should just unsubscribe and wait for the free giveaways.

3 Likes

No idea if this a Epic Store error or what…

Listed as FREE right now.

Managed to add it to my library on the phone and it now shows an “Install” button? Will check when I’m home.

1 Like

Perhaps just an error? All I see on my side is “coming soon”

2 Likes

Yip. Must’ve been an error when they loaded the page into their store. Wonder how long before it gets deleted from my library… :confused:

1 Like

I hope not. Its a pretty good game.

Especially at that price!

2 Likes

DRM-free downloadable game from IndieGala.

Galactic Missile Defense is an endless/leaderboard-based shooter and tower defense game, where you must protect Earth from the invading Martians that declared war on our planet.

Download for Windows, MacOS and Linux at the bottom of the page.

1 Like

For those okay with hoarding the freebies from the Epic Games Store: The Witness, free until 18 April.

3 Likes

In solidarity with everyone moved by Monday’s events, we’re donating to the restoration for Notre-Dame & giving you the chance to play Assassin’s Creed Unity on Uplay for free.

Find out more here >> https://ubi.li/sgzcg
Or get it directly on the Ubisoft Store here >> https://store.ubi.com/

12 Likes

It is well worth the download. Unity is a great game. It got a lot of hate because of all the technical issues it suffered at launch but after all the updates it is one of the best AC games. It has a great combat system, decent stealth gameplay, awesome character customisation and the best parkour system out of all the AC games. The main story was a bit meh, but it has some really cool side quests like the murder investigations.

5 Likes

Latest free game for the year on the Epic Games Store is Transistor.
Available from today through 02 May.

4 Likes

Indie Gala giving away Another Lost Phone: Laura’s Story

https://freebies.indiegala.com/another-lost-phone-lauras-story/

Another Lost Phone is a game about exploring the social life of a young woman whose phone you have just found.

This game is designed as a narrative investigation where you must piece together elements from the different applications, messages and pictures to progress. Scrolling through the phone’s content, you will find out everything about Laura: her friendships, her professional life and the events that led to her mysterious disappearance and the loss of this phone.

Features

• Combine your findings from the phone’s apps, messages and photo galleries to uncover the mystery surrounding Laura’s disappearance.
  • Delve into the professional life, relationships & social habits of a young adult in the digital age. Experience a relatable story and build empathy with the characters, allowing you to explore difficult topics and social issues.
  • Act as yourself in a game that bridges the gap between reality and fiction. If you close the app but still think about the game, have you truly stopped playing?

The game tells an interesting story and is really done well in how you gather information by reading through messages, unlocking access to apps etc. You feel a bit like a detective trying to piece the story together.

2 Likes