Free Games (Steam/Origin/Epic/GOG/Prime)

DRM-free downloadable game from IndieGala.

Galactic Missile Defense is an endless/leaderboard-based shooter and tower defense game, where you must protect Earth from the invading Martians that declared war on our planet.

Download for Windows, MacOS and Linux at the bottom of the page.

1 Like

For those okay with hoarding the freebies from the Epic Games Store: The Witness, free until 18 April.

3 Likes

In solidarity with everyone moved by Monday’s events, we’re donating to the restoration for Notre-Dame & giving you the chance to play Assassin’s Creed Unity on Uplay for free.

Find out more here >> https://ubi.li/sgzcg
Or get it directly on the Ubisoft Store here >> https://store.ubi.com/

12 Likes

It is well worth the download. Unity is a great game. It got a lot of hate because of all the technical issues it suffered at launch but after all the updates it is one of the best AC games. It has a great combat system, decent stealth gameplay, awesome character customisation and the best parkour system out of all the AC games. The main story was a bit meh, but it has some really cool side quests like the murder investigations.

5 Likes

Latest free game for the year on the Epic Games Store is Transistor.
Available from today through 02 May.

4 Likes

Indie Gala giving away Another Lost Phone: Laura’s Story

https://freebies.indiegala.com/another-lost-phone-lauras-story/

Another Lost Phone is a game about exploring the social life of a young woman whose phone you have just found.

This game is designed as a narrative investigation where you must piece together elements from the different applications, messages and pictures to progress. Scrolling through the phone’s content, you will find out everything about Laura: her friendships, her professional life and the events that led to her mysterious disappearance and the loss of this phone.

Features

• Combine your findings from the phone’s apps, messages and photo galleries to uncover the mystery surrounding Laura’s disappearance.
  • Delve into the professional life, relationships & social habits of a young adult in the digital age. Experience a relatable story and build empathy with the characters, allowing you to explore difficult topics and social issues.
  • Act as yourself in a game that bridges the gap between reality and fiction. If you close the app but still think about the game, have you truly stopped playing?

The game tells an interesting story and is really done well in how you gather information by reading through messages, unlocking access to apps etc. You feel a bit like a detective trying to piece the story together.

2 Likes

its marked under your “showcase library” in Indiegala for anyone else wondering where it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

@GregRedd, I have Witness and the frustration is SUPER strong with it…

2 Likes

It is an AMAZING game! But yeah, it is the most difficult game I have ever played

1 Like

Half of the solutions dont make ANY sense at ALL!!
I LOVE pattern and hidden object type games. If there is something that you need to work out or a pattern or clues that need to be found, then I am all up in that!!
House of Davinci was great! Finished it in a day…
Escape rooms are also my goto, but also get finished in a day…

Which specific puzzles in Witness are you referring to?

Never play Discworld…

2 Likes

For example, by the waterworks. There were a bunch there that actually made NO sense to me at all…
The solutions looked like they had been sucked out of someones thumb…

THAT is a bit random… I just watched a quick video… Uhm… Ja, ok then

1 Like

Discworld is amazing on so many levels :smiley:

1 Like

Ah, Discworld! Loved both the first games but never played the Noir one…

I was reprimanded by the Husband this evening… Asked him to look for a few games for me… Got told that ‘Its about time you create your OWN Steam account…’

4 Likes

Sounds about right :stuck_out_tongue:

I never played the games, but love the books.

1 Like

So, I started playing another Rusty Lakes game last night. I love how it makes me think and then kick myself at the same time.
Took me about 5 tries and telling my husband ‘Im on my way’ to get to bed last night…