Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

I dont want to believe it - its FAKE! (I honestly don’t know)

3 Likes

I’m going to believe it is fake too. I don’t need false hope.

However, if it ends up being true, I just hope ME1 gets a graphics overhaul, but not the game engine so much. I love the game too much for them to make it more like 2 and 3. I enjoy the variance in gameplay.

I’d be more likely to believe they’d only remaster ME2 and 3, and just not release ME1 again…

But again, I’m believing it is fake, also because I don’t want to give EA any money… And I can’t afford a PS5 by April.

2 Likes

The cynical side in me, which is most of me, hates this idea, cos it can be seen as a quick cash grab by the publisher. That story was epic, but only the first time, because that’s how interstellar mysteries work.

3 Likes

I have to agree with this. I was blown away by my first playthrough of Mass Effect 1. I loved everything about it, even more than the second game (which I played first, btw). A couple years later I wanted to experience it again and it lost a lot of steam about 2-3 hours into the game - so much so that I stopped playing and never continued.

2 Likes

40gv8r

1 Like

Man I would love this.

That said, as much fond memories as I have of Mass Effect 1, its pacing feels a little off nowadays. You jump right into the action in the beginning and then the next 5 hours you spend on the Citadel.

2 Likes

I don’t normally play remasters but hell I would play a Mass Effect trilogy one!

2 Likes

Im just worried to get my hopes up - I want to play it so bad!

First Effect.

2 Likes

Just fix the horrible vehicle controls from ME1.

2 Likes

By my second or third playthrough, I was able to run all the missions and scan all the keepers in a sort of figure eight fashion without having to scour the place to find ones I missed. Doubt I can remember that.

No

4 Likes

I’m actually hoping that if it happens, that it will be a full game overhaul. Just a graphics upgrade would be pointless since that can already be achieved with mods. I did a full playthrough just recently from 1 to 3 so things are still fresh in my mind. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It’s been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements. As game developers, we always hope that our games will transcend their original platforms. Having the opportunity to remaster the trilogy means that the fruits of a decade of our work will live on, and will be experienced better and clearer than ever before.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 . More information to come in the new year!

Meanwhile here at BioWare, a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. We are in early stages on the project and can’t say any more just yet, but we’re looking forward to sharing our vision for where we’ll be going next.

5 Likes
4 Likes

4 Likes

Hmm…

I might get this. But first I want an apology from EA for screwing over 2.5 years of development on Andromeda…

4 Likes

Your face is going to get tired waiting for that apology. :grinning:

4 Likes

I wont lie, the hype is real, I will def get this, maybe not on release - cos who can afford that. . . .

3 Likes
3 Likes

No love for the Switch? I am sad face.

2 Likes