MEW Streamers & Content Creators (Twitch, YouTube, FB Gaming)

Out of interest, what bitrate and settings would you be using for these streams?

I’ve been playing around with SLOBS lately as I find the technical aspects of streaming interesting.

1 Like

I’ve been experimenting with both OBS Studio and SLOBS, but at the moment all my messing around has been on OBS. I Like SLOBS a lot with all it’s added features and integrations with alerts and their Chatbot, but am wanting to get a basic stream setup sorted before going gung-ho with the bells and whistles, and OBS just makes more sense to me as I’ve been messing around with it for years now.

Settings wise, I’m juggling bitrates between 2500 and 4000 depending on my connection. I normally start the stream at the lower end of the scale, run for 10 minutes and if it’s stable, bump it up in increments of 250 at a time. OBS has a decent Stats view that you can bring up to monitor input and output lag and dropped frames, that I watch. Also, bitrate is one of the few settings that can be adjusted while you are streaming, which is useful.

Video Settings:

• Base Canvas Resolution = 1920x1080 (matching the game settings)
  • Output (Scaled) Resolution = 1280x720
  • Downscale Filter = Bicubic
  • Common FPS Values = 30 or 60 (depending on the game)

Output Settings:

• Encoder = NVENC (if it’s something not heavily GPU dependent) / x264 (if it’s something not heavily CPU dependent)
  • Untick Enforce Stream Service Encoder Settings
  • Untick Rescale Output (You’re already scaling in Video Settings, doing it here as well is redundant and resource draining)
  • Rate Control = CBR
  • Bitrate = 2500 - 4000 (I generally try to settle on around 3500)
  • Keyframe = 1/2
  • Preset = NVENC - High Quality / x264 - faster
  • Profile = Main
  • (NVENC) Level = Auto
  • (x264) Tune = Zerolatency
  • Untick Use Two-Pass Encoding
  • GPU = Only relevant if you have more than one GPU
  • B-frames = 0

As always with these things, YMMV!!

4 Likes

It seems I was doubling up on my downscaling. Setting it in the video settings and not output freed up some CPU resources. Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi all this is Donsies Brother yet again!
My friend recently started a Twitch channel and needs 17 followers more until he hits 50 followers,this is a huge milestone for him please go through to his twitch and hit him with a follower or some love :alien::alien::alien:

The link to his channel

Hi Donsie’s brother. Please ask the streamer to register and come post about it himself. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Digging out the old threads here…

If any lurking streamers are interested there’s a big community of streamers, youtubers, artists etc. on the zastreams discord. They 400+ strong and are always helpful with questions or technical info.

Use it, don’t use it :grinning::man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Not sure if it counts in SA, and you have to use their products already. I don’t have so :man_shrugging:

DON’T DREAM IT. STREAM IT!

Streaming is more than just the size of a following—it’s following your passion. That’s why we created the #RazerStreamer program. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or just starting out, as long as you have the drive and enthusiasm to entertain the gaming community, we’re here to provide the support and opportunity you deserve to fully realize your potential. Take the next step in your streaming journey. Become a #RazerStreamer.

https://www.razer.com/razer-streamer

4 Likes

So i started getting into the streaming thing will see how it goes.

Any tips for a new streamer :smiley:

Cya in game

6 Likes

I’ll go watch your vod when I get a chance

1 Like

Nice! Well done on taking the leap!

I just made my own channel too as I wanted to keep my gaming separated from the family videos. Will share some links when its fully ready!

4 Likes

Thanks guys yea still busy getting all the settings right and trying to find out how this works but so far so good

3 Likes

How are you finding it so far? I’ve seen you online a few times.

1 Like

So far apart from some FPS issues and sound issues its not too bad. Its fun to play and share some classic games again. Normally i just play the game.

3 Likes

Where are the “Live Now” notification settings in Twitch these days? I don’t get any anymore, and fear I’ve (deservedly) lost my place on your wall by now :neutral_face:.

2 Likes

It’s next to the ‘follow’ heart at the top, and nope, you’re still there :grinning:

3 Likes

Bloody legend you!

3 Likes

So many videos online about how to stream and what to do but nothing about the real important stuff likes how to setup bots and a detailed guide from A to Z with regards to streaming or maybe i just missed something.

3 Likes

That’s why we’re here. What do you want to know. Maybe we can help or otherwise learn with you.

Which bot are you looking at to set up?

2 Likes

Agree that there’s a ridiculous amount of info out there, and not all of it is as helpful as it claims on the wrapper. I spent a lot of time wandering through the articles and links on the Streamers Guide site, and picked out the bits and pieces and tips that I wanted.

My approach was (and still is - there’s a lot I still don’t understand!) to focus on one small thing at a time, (creating info panels; decent OBS settings; creating chat commands; installing and setting up a chatbot; etc.) and go searching for info on just that thing until I had it clear.

For Twitch Chatbots - any specific one you’re wanting to use? It may well have changed by now, but for a long time in the past NightBot was regularly recommended to me as a solid all-round Twitch bot.

Also, whole heartedly second @Entity’s point - there’s a bunch of us who dabble in live streaming (and some like Entity who do it a lot more seriously, regularly and better!). If there’s something specific that you need help with, ask away.

3 Likes

Wanted to setup a chat bot to randomly post messages to the chat.

3 Likes