Most Epic Games of the Year 2019 Discussion

@DieGrootHammer

I’ve just thought of another nomination category (of course AFTER you’ve created all the threads!) that you may want to add:

• Best Subscription Service
3 Likes

Could modify that to best valve subscription service?

1 Like

Lol just too late. Can actually still create this, so that we can all nominate and vote Xbox Game Pass as the best.

6 Likes

I made a few suggestions, but will be editing my entries as I go through my inventory… Is there a way to see Steam games play time, but only for 2019?

Also, how do we work with re-releases? Special Editions, Complete Editions, etc?

2 Likes

We shoudl really start an Grumpy Old Gamer group! We can be founding members! Focus on the older, rather than the grumpy, of course. Until those pesky kids get on my lawn again!

4 Likes

Ooh! I just thought of a new category. Is it too late to suggest it?

• Most Epic event of the year (to contrast the most disappointing)

I would specifically like to nominate Bungie kicking Actizzard to the curb.

4 Likes

Already created it. (But really just made a kick-arse banner and logo and nothing more :smiley: )

Excuse me Sir… do you have a moment to talk about SPOG?

SPOG is the Society for the Preservation of Old Gamers. It was established way back in '14 when I was really bored. So long ago in fact that I can’t find my original PSD file anymore, but that’s a story for another day…

There are currently only 2 members of SPOG - me and my alt - and only 2 Official SPOG Chapters so far - one in Star Citizen, the other in Mixer. The SPOG Council of Elders haven’t even decided what to set the minimum age for membership.

SPOG-Logo

3 Likes

How do I sign up!?

2 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

Will there be a place to put early access games?

1 Like

At this stage they will have to contend with Cyberpunk in the “most hyped” category, I think. @DieGrootHammer?

1 Like

To be honest I think we have a massive amount of categories already. While I agree the suggestions could be interesting, are there really any games in them that are noteworthy? I think for this year let’s stick with the current categories. We can always add more for next year.

2 Likes

Remember all to go nominate games in all the threads. Some of them do not have a lot of nominations. Even if you didn’t play the game, go and nominate it, and let us vote for them. I will create the voting threads next week.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for nominating games in all the categories.

For the final list, I’ve taken the games that got the most nominations, and compiled them all into lists that will make it into a poll for the final voting round.

Please note that no other nominations after this post will be taken into consideration.

4 Likes

Thanks for all your work @DieGrootHammer!

4 Likes

Ja baie dankie Boris! Jy het weer n amazing job gedoen!

2 Likes

Well done, @DieGrootHammer. It takes an incredible amount of work to do this democratically and it makes our awards quite special.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. I enjoy doing these each year, and love to put in the effort.

3 Likes