Most Epic Podcast episode 0.1 — Game subscriptions, streaming, and Live Services™

Listening to it now (i know im late).

Is it a jo’burg thing to pronounce it fohrim, instead of four’em?

4 Likes

I don’t want likes! i’m genuinely curious :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

My Pretoria ears can like to be picking up on this as well, hey.

You’ll have those likes and like them, you hear?

3 Likes

I must admit, I didn’t notice. But I do think I would pronounce it fourem.

3 Likes

Its just at start so far where theres a few quick strings of saying it like foreign with an M. Google tells me its faw-ruhm.

Again, this isn’t criticism, just curiosity. I really don’t intend to offend if I am

3 Likes

The other thing that struck my ear was Oobisoft vs Youbisoft. I always use the latter.

2 Likes

I’m from Pretoria, so it’s not a Jo’burg thing :stuck_out_tongue:

I would argue that “foh-ruhm” is a more efficient way of pronouncing the word. You can speed speak it.

Same thing with Oobisoft vs. Ubisoft. But I’ll change my pronunciation there if I’m wrong… You can’t just say Huawei or Instagram however you want, after all.

2 Likes

Wikipedia has it as Youbisoft. Either way, we went from gushing to nitpicking in about 24 hours. That’s the internet for you, be it fohrims or fourims. Best get cracking on the next bit of content before the natives get restless and start looking for their pitchforks.

2 Likes

If it’s one thing MyBroadband has given me after almost 10 years of working there, it’s a thick skin.

2 Likes

That’s the spirit!

2 Likes

I take offense! I didn’t nitpick, i was curious if its a jo’burg thing coz i’d never heard of it (i’m a coastal boi). I even repeatedly said im not trying to offend or come off as nitpicky!

HOW DARE YOU!

i challenge you to a duel…but i need to research you first to look for what will be an easy win!

:smiley:

4 Likes

Strong words at twenty paces.

1 Like

I’m so unfit it even my words are weak :nerd_face:

Finished the podcast. cool stuff, shame about the packet loss, but I guess TIA

3 Likes

As per @Sweepslag’s suggestion, here’s some new content to keep everyone placated for a few more days (for people on capped connections, there’s an autoplaying video at that link):

http://6h2.xyz/tremendous_tdtk_FAKE-NEWS_gr8_BUILD-THE-WALL_INFOWARS-DOT-COM

2 Likes

Link isn’t working for me. But it’s Friday afternoon, so I can’t be bothered to stage a protest.

1 Like

What is even the point of a prank link if it doesn’t work.

1 Like

So it works on the phone… But since I was on mobile data it didn’t autoplay. Could have been blinded otherwise.

I’m wise to your traps, you trickster!

1 Like

Sooo… Any word on Episode 2? Did I miss something?

3 Likes

Upvoted. I want more!

2 Likes

Message received!

2 Likes