NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 series

Bloody hell such a fast card. Seeing as my screen can’t handle the resolution these cards are aimed at, the focus should be to upgrade a screen first before the GPU. With current gen cards no game (apart from MSFS) challenges top cards at 1080p resolution.

3 Likes
1 Like

Yea but surely the returns on commercial GPU cryptomining is already negligible with all the ASIC miners and farms out there? Who still uses their desktop GPU to mine o_0

1 Like

Who knows? But let’s hope the Crypto fiends don’t go crazy in buying up all the stock of what is already looking to be a card in high demand, the pricing could go even further through the roof then.

2 Likes

4 Likes

PC Gamer Editor’s Pick.

Did the editor happen to mention what colour hot hatch he traded in for a 3080 FE?

3 Likes

I’ve got some 3080 Paper Edition cards if anyone is interested, very low price, will accept R10 000

:smiley:

3 Likes
2 Likes

ewww…thats a link to …the verge

3 Likes

We Do Tech with the “first Gigabyte RTX 3080 in Souff Afreeka” benchmark and review:

“Defiantly” worth the wait?
Did you mean: Definitely

2 Likes

@WeDoTech you are so lucky!

3 Likes

The real meat of the questions for a lot of sim racers here: How does it run my triple screens???

I wanna know if these things can actually run VR at a decent res, I’m getting tired of playing on low graphics with a 1070 :cry:
#FirstWorldProblems

1 Like

Ditto

1 Like

Nvidia Announces The RTX 3060: RTX 2060 Owners Look Away Now (forbes.com)

$1200 and sold out almost immediately :expressionless:

Reviewers are saying that it’s overpriced for the performance boost but then when you compare it to the scalper prices the card is a bargain :smile:

1 Like

Not sure where else to put this:

I would love a 30- series card, but I cannot take out another mortgage on my house.