Official Movie Trailer Thread

Another show. Christian Bale is working too much

1 Like

Oh man oh man oh man!!!

3 Likes

OMG it looks soooo good, I got teh goose fleshes.

2 Likes

Knock at the Cabin

Cinema Release | 3 February

While vacationing at a remote cabin, a young girl and her parents are taken hostage by four armed strangers who demand that the family make an unthinkable choice to avert the apocalypse. With limited access to the outside world, the family must decide what they believe before all is lost.

1 Like

M3GAN

Cinema Release | 13 January

M3GAN is a marvel of artificial intelligence, a life-like doll programmed to be a child’s greatest companion and a parent’s greatest ally. Designed by brilliant toy-company roboticist Gemma, M3GAN can listen and watch and learn as she becomes friend and teacher, playmate and protector, for the child she is bonded to.

When Gemma suddenly becomes the caretaker of her orphaned 8-year-old niece, Cady, Gemma’s unsure and unprepared to be a parent. Under intense pressure at work, Gemma decides to pair her M3GAN prototype with Cady in an attempt to resolve both problems—a decision that will have unimaginable consequences.

Starring: Allison Williams, Amie Donald, Arlo Green, Brian Jordan Alvarez, Jack Cassidy, Jen Van Epps, Jenna Davis, Kimberley Crossman, Kira Josephson, Lori Dungey, Michael Saccente, Natasha Kojic, Ronny Chieng, Stephane Garneau, Violet McGraw.

Releases in cinemas on 13 January.

1 Like

Gran Turismo (Sneak Peek)

Cinema Release - 11 August

The film will follow the rise of Jann Mardenborough, the third and youngest winner of Sony and Nissan’s GT Academy competition in 2011 at the age of 19. For his victory, Mardenborough was awarded a seat with Nissan at the Dubai 24 Hour race and later moved into a number of other racing series’ before landing in his current home as a driver in Japan’s Super GT series.

The ultimate wish fulfilment tale of a teenage Gran Turismo player whose gaming skills won a series of Nissan competitions to become an actual professional race car driver. Based on a true story.

Features David Harbour and Orlando Bloom, stars Djimon Hounsou, Darren Barnet, Emelia Hartford, Josha Stradowski, Archie Madekwe, and is directed by Neill Blomkamp.

Releases in cinemas in NH “Summer”, IMDB reckons 11 August.

At least we know David Harbour and Orlando Bloom wouldn’t necessarily tie themselves to something that is complete nonsense. And, with Blomkamp directing, we know that it’ll be visually spectacular.

The on track action in this clip looks to be shot on the Hungaroring.

2 Likes

Your Place or Mine

Netflix | 10 February

Debbie and Peter are best friends and total opposites. She craves routine with her son in LA; he thrives on change in NY. When they swap houses and lives for a week they discover what they think they want might not be what they really need.

Stars Reese Witherspoon, Ashton Kutcher, Zoe Chao, Steve Zahn.

Streams on Netflix from Friday, 10 February.

Your Place or Mine - Netflix

Your Place or Mine - Rotten Tomatoes

Your Place or Mine (2023) - IMDb

Are we having a 90s Rom-Com revival? You know what? I’m here for it. The world could do with a little more frivolous, sugar sweet and sappy romance right now.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret.

Cinema Release | 28 April

11-year-old Margaret is uprooted from her life in New York City for the suburbs of New Jersey, going through the messy and tumultuous throes of puberty with new friends in a new school. She relies on her mother, Barbara, who is also struggling to adjust to life outside the big city, and her adoring grandmother, Sylvia, who isn’t happy they moved away and likes to remind them every chance she gets.

For over fifty years, Judy Blume’s classic and groundbreaking novel Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret. has impacted generations with its timeless coming of age story, insightful humor, and candid exploration of life’s biggest questions.

Stars Rachel McAdams, Abby Ryder Fortson, Elle Graham, Benny Safdie, and Kathy Bates.

Releases in cinemas 28 April.

If you have a young teenage girl in your home you’ll be very familiar with Judy Bloom’s books, especially this one.

1 Like

Sharper

Apple TV+ | 17 February

No one is who they seem in Sharper, a neo-noir thriller of secrets and lies, set amongst New York City’s bedrooms, barrooms and boardrooms. Characters compete for riches and power in a high stakes game of ambition, greed, lust and jealousy that will keep audiences guessing until the final moment.

Stars Julianne Moore, John Lithgow, Sebastian Stan, Justice Smith, and Briana Middleton.

1 Like

Linoleum

Cinema Release | 24 February

Cameron Edwin, the host of a failing children’s science TV show called “Above & Beyond”, has always had aspirations of being an astronaut. After a mysterious space-race era satellite coincidentally falls from space and lands in his backyard, his midlife crisis manifests in a plan to rebuild the machine into his dream rocket. As his relationship with his wife and daughter start to strain, surreal events begin unfolding around him – a doppelgänger moving into the house next door, a car falling from the sky, and an unusual teenage boy forging a friendship with him. He slowly starts to piece these events together to ultimately reveal that there’s more to his life story than he once thought.

Stars Jim Gaffigan, Rhea Seehorn, Katelyn Nacon. Gabriel Rush, Michael Ian Black, Tony Shalhoub.

2 Likes

I love a good thriller and Julianne Moore is a superb actress. I might make use of my Apple TV free 3 month for this.

2 Likes

*Sorry, my write ups aren’t as good as @GregRedd

2 Likes

Marlowe

Cinema Release | 15 February

A gripping noir crime thriller set in late 1930’s Los Angeles, centers around a street-wise, down on his luck detective; Philip Marlowe, who is hired to find the ex-lover of a glamorous heiress (Diane Kruger), daughter of a well-known movie star (Jessica Lange). The disappearance unearths a web of lies, and soon Marlowe is involved in a dangerous, deadly investigation where everyone involved has something to hide.

Stars Liam Neeson, Diane Kruger, and Jessica Lange with Danny Huston, Alan Cumming, and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje.

Marlowe - Rotten Tomatoes
Marlowe (2022) - IMDb

1 Like

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Cinema Release | 31 March

A charming thief and a band of unlikely adventurers undertake an epic heist to retrieve a lost relic, but things go dangerously awry when they run afoul of the wrong people. Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves brings the rich world and playful spirit of the legendary roleplaying game to the big screen in a hilarious and action-packed adventure.

Stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Regé-Jean Page, Justice Jesse Smith, Sophia Lillis, Chloe Coleman.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves (2023) - IMDb
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves - Rotten Tomatoes

3 Likes

Shazam! Fury of the Gods

Cinema Release | 17 March

“Shazam! Fury of the Gods” is an upcoming superhero movie that is a sequel to the 2019 film “Shazam!”. The film will continue the story of Billy Batson, a young boy who is transformed into the powerful superhero Shazam, and his superhero family. The cast of the film will include Zachary Levi as Shazam, Asher Angel as Billy Batson, Mark Strong as Doctor Sivana, Jack Dylan Grazer as Freddy Freeman, and Rachel Zegler as Tawky Tawny. The film will also feature new characters, including Helen Mirren as the villain Hespera and Lucy Liu as the villain Kalypso. The film will see the return of the villainous Thaddeus Sivana and the introduction of the powerful Seven Deadly Sins, leading to an epic battle between the heroes and villains.

1 Like

Did I just watch the whole movie? Feels like it. Their trailers are leaving less to look forward to every time.

1 Like

In that case I won’t watch the trailer.

1 Like

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Cinema Release | 5 May

Get ready for one last ride.
Still reeling from the loss of Gamora, Peter Quill rallies his team to defend the universe and one of their own - a mission that could mean the end of the Guardians if not successful.

1 Like

We Have a Ghost

Netflix | 27 February

Finding a ghost named Ernest haunting their new home turns Kevin’s family into overnight social media sensations. But when Kevin and Ernest investigate the mystery of Ernest’s past, they become a target of the CIA.

1 Like