Official Movie Trailer Thread

Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget

Netflix | 15 December

For Ginger and the flock, all is at stake when the dangers of the human world come home to roost; they’ll stop at nothing even if it means putting their own hard-won freedom at risk to save chicken-kind. This time, they’re breaking in!

Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget hatches on Netflix December 15

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/chicken_run_dawn_of_the_nugget

Had to go check when the original movie was released… it was way back in 2000!

2 Likes

No One Will Save You

Hulu/Disney+ | 22 September

“No One Will Save You” introduces Brynn Adams (Kaitlyn Dever), a creative and talented young woman who’s been alienated from her community. Lonely but ever hopeful, Brynn finds solace within the walls of the home where she grew up–until she’s awakened one night by strange noises from decidedly unearthly intruders. What follows is an action-packed face-off between Brynn and a host of extraterrestrial beings who threaten her future while forcing her to deal with her past.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/no_one_will_save_you

I want to say “yes”, but nah. Scary movie date night stuff maybe. But yeah, probably not.

1 Like

I won’t lie, that looks bladdy good. I am so sick of these horror movies that think they need an element of evil to qualify. This looks great! I love a good psychological horror.

And this! My wife and I love watching suspenseful horrors.

3 Likes

PG13?!?!?! No ways I am watching that - I dont have enough brown pants! So if my kids want to watch that one day, it will have to be my wife that hold their hands!

3 Likes

Pain Hustlers

Netflix | 27 October

Dreaming of a better life for her and her young daughter, Liza (Emily Blunt) lands a job from Pete (Chris Evans) at a failing pharma start-up, where Liza’s charm, drive, and guts catapult her into the high life and the company into the center of a criminal conspiracy with dire consequences.

Andy Garcia, Chris Evans, and Emily Blunt, you say? That’s a little more palatable for me. And could be a decent one to watch with the missus too.

1 Like

Ferrari

Cinema Release | December

It is the summer of 1957. Behind the spectacle of Formula 1, ex-racer Enzo Ferrari is in crisis. Bankruptcy threatens the factory he and his wife, Laura built from nothing ten years earlier. Their volatile marriage has been battered by the loss of their son, Dino a year earlier. Ferrari struggles to acknowledge his son Piero with Lina Lardi. Meanwhile, his drivers’ passion to win pushes them to the edge as they launch into the treacherous 1,000-mile race across Italy, the Mille Miglia.

That’s some solid character acting by both Adam Driver and Penelope Cruz there. This is director Michael Mann’s long held passion project. He’s been trying to make it for over 20 years. The screenplay was written by Troy Martin who passed away in 2009 already. Robert de Niro, Christian Bale, and Hugh Jackman were all cast in the lead role at various stages before Adam Driver.

1 Like

Yeah that was surprising.

2 Likes

One Life

Cinema Release | 1 January

ONE LIFE tells the true story of Sir Nicholas ‘Nicky’ Winton, a young London broker played by Hopkins, who, in the months leading up to World War II, rescued 669 children from the Nazis. Nicky visited Prague in December 1938 and found families who had fled the rise of the Nazis in Germany and Austria, living in desperate conditions with little or no shelter and food, and under threat of Nazi invasion. He immediately realised it was a race against time. How many children could he and the team rescue before the borders closed?

Fifty years later, it’s 1988 and Nicky lives haunted by the fate of the children he wasn’t able to bring to safety in England; always blaming himself for not doing more. It’s not until a live BBC television show, ‘That’s Life!’, surprises him by introducing him to some surviving children – now adults – that he finally begins to come to terms with the guilt and grief he had carried for five decades.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/one_life

Another Oscar worthy turn from Sir Anthony?

2 Likes

The Bikeriders

Cinema Release | 1 December

“The Bikeriders” is a furious drama following the rise of a fictional 1960s Midwestern motorcycle club through the lives of its members.

“The Bikeriders” is a furious drama following the rise of a fictional 1960s Midwestern motorcycle club through the lives of its members. Inspired by Danny Lyon’s iconic book of photography, “The Bikeriders” immerses you in the look, feel, and sounds of the bare-knuckled, grease-covered subculture of '60s motorcycle clubs.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_bikeriders

Austin Butler, Jodie Comer, Tom Hardy make for an excellent cast. This looks like a good one.

2 Likes

The Royal Hotel

Limited Cinema Release | 6 October

Americans Hanna and Liv are best friends backpacking in Australia. After they run out of money, Liv, looking for an adventure, convinces Hanna to take a temporary live-in job behind the bar of a pub called ‘The Royal Hotel’ in a remote Outback mining town. Bar owner Billy and a host of locals give the girls a riotous introduction to Down Under drinking culture but soon Hanna and Liv find themselves trapped in an unnerving situation that grows rapidly out of their control.

1 Like

Quiz Lady

Hulu/Disney+? | 3 November

Anne, a tightly wound game-show obsessed woman, must come together with her chaotic sister Jenny in order to help pay off their mother’s gambling debts. When Anne’s beloved dog is kidnapped, they will have to set off on a cross-country journey in order to get the money they need; in order to do so, they will have to tap into Anne’s skill set by turning her into the game show champion she was always meant to be.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/quiz_lady

Sandra Oh being funny is just perfect.

2 Likes

Totally Killer

Prime Video | 6 October

When the infamous “Sweet Sixteen Killer” returns 35 years after his first murder spree to claim another victim, 17-year-old Jamie accidentally travels back in time to 1987, determined to stop the killer before he can start.

They had so much time to kill in the ‘80s… :hocho: From Blumhouse comes #TotallyKiller – streaming on Prime Video October 6.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/totally_killer

1 Like

Killers of the Flower Moon

Cinema Release | 20 October

Final trailer for Killers of the Flower Moon.

At the turn of the 20th century, oil brought a fortune to the Osage Nation, who became some of the richest people in the world overnight. The wealth of these Native Americans immediately attracted white interlopers, who manipulated, extorted, and stole as much Osage money as they could before resorting to murder. Based on a true story and told through the improbable romance of Ernest Burkhart (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Mollie Kyle (Lily Gladstone), “Killers of the Flower Moon” is an epic western crime saga, where real love crosses paths with unspeakable betrayal. Also starring Robert De Niro, Jesse Plemons, John Lithgow, Brendan Fraser, Tantoo Cardinal, Cara Jade Myers, JaNae Collins, and Jillian Dion, Killers of the Flower Moon is directed by Academy Award winner Martin Scorsese from a screenplay by Eric Roth and Scorsese, based on David Grann’s best-selling book.

More Academy Award stuff to consider.

1 Like

The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar

Netflix | 27 September

From Wes Anderson comes an adaptation of a beloved Roald Dahl story about a rich man who learns about a guru who can see without using his eyes and then sets out to master the skill in order to cheat at gambling.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16968450/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_wonderful_story_of_henry_sugar

Wes Anderson comes to Netflix! And he brings Benedict Cumberbatch, Dev Patel, Ben Kingsley, Ralph Fiennes, Rupert Friend, and Richard Ayoade with him. Interesting. Delightfully so.

You mean “Roald Dahl comes to Netflix”.

1 Like

To be fair though, technically Roald Dahl “came to Netflix” two years ago already…

Netflix Acquires Iconic Roald Dahl Story Company - About Netflix

Also discovered that Henry Sugar is the first of four short films that Wes Anderson has done that are coming to Netflix over four consecutive days.

The shorts will be released in equally unique fashion, with one film a day hitting the service starting with Henry Sugar on Sept. 27 — you can watch the trailer for that short above. The Swan, The Rat Catcher, and Poison will follow on Sept. 28, 29, and 30, respectively.

Wes Anderson Netflix Movies: Henry Sugar Trailer & More Release Dates Photos - Netflix Tudum

1 Like

Miranda’s Victim

Cinema Release & On Demand | 6 October

Based on true events, in 1963, after Trish Weir is kidnapped and sexually assaulted, her assailant is caught and tried. But after he confesses without legal representation and is granted a retrial, it triggers a legal proceeding that forever changes the nation’s justice system.

There’s some big names on the “also starring” cast list…

2 Likes

Is that Ryan Phillipe?

2 Likes

It is indeed.

1 Like

That looks intense, but I could totally watch that!

2 Likes