Official Movie Trailer Thread

I must still watch John Wick.

1 Like

You haven’t watched any of them? There’s four John Wick movies, all of them ultra violent and heavy on the action sequences. It’s one of the best action movie franchises ever, and while they’re all really good movies individually, it’s worth watching all four chapters in order, if you can. Just make sure the kiddos are fast asleep. Or better yet, staying at a mates house. :smiley:

It’s probably the reason we hardly watch movies. We get around to enjoying maybe one adult movie experience a week. Kids are in bed sure, but interruptions still happen and before you know it, it’s late and we’re tired. And generally speaking, I won’t watch anything without my wife with me, and vice versa.

1 Like

Same here. We watch a new movie once a month or so. Other than that it’s family and work.

2 Likes

Thunderbolts*

Cinema Release | May 2025

Careful who you assemble.

A group of supervillains are recruited to go on missions for the government.

I’m liking Florence Pugh more and more. And David Harbour too.

So many darned Marvel movies, not to mention all the other mediums. Just can’t keep up and keep track.

4 Likes

I think the last marvel movie I saw was Black Panther in what
 2018? Although I did watch the Spiderman cross-over, but that was part Sony iirc :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Music By John Williams

Disney Plus | 1 November

Meet the man behind the music that changed our lives.

The number of films and iconic pieces of film music that Williams has composed is just mind blowing.

1 Like

Woman of the Hour

Netflix | 18 October

Cheryl Bradshaw, a single woman looking for a suitor on a hit 1970s TV show, chooses charming bachelor Rodney Alcala, unaware that, behind the man’s gentle facade, he hides a deadly secret.

Anna Kendrick’s directorial debut, Woman of the Hour, is set in 1970s Los Angeles when an aspiring actress (Kendrick) crosses paths with a serial killer (Daniel Zovatto) on the set of the popular show, The Dating Game.

1 Like

Have they changed the meaning of ensemble? :man_facepalming:

Nah, not really when they’re using as “ensemble cast”:

In a dramatic production, an ensemble cast is one that comprises many principal actors and performers who are typically assigned roughly equal amounts of screen time.

Basically, lots of semi-equal egos to stroke, all of them generally on screen for the same time, and a production company that’s trying not to piss any of them off by making one more important than the next.

Paddington in Peru

Cinema Release | 8 November

Get ready for the journey of a lifetime as PADDINGTON IN PERU brings the world’s most beloved bear back to his roots, his homeland Peru. Following the adventures of PADDINGTON and PADDINGTON 2, Paddington is still living happily with the Brown family in Windsor Gardens. When he receives a letter from the Reverend Mother, the blithe guitar strumming nun who runs the Home for Retired Bears, informing him that Aunt Lucy misses him dearly, he knows he simply must visit her as soon as possible.

2 Likes

A Complete Unknown

Cinema Release | 25 December

Set in the influential New York music scene of the early 60s, A COMPLETE UNKNOWN follows 19-year-old Minnesota musician BOB DYLAN’s (TimothĂ©e Chalamet) meteoric rise as a folk singer to concert halls and the top of the charts – his songs and mystique becoming a worldwide sensation – culminating in his groundbreaking electric rock and roll performance at the Newport Folk Festival in 1965.

1 Like

Heretic

Cinema Release | 8 November

Question everything.

Two young women of religion are drawn into a game of cat and mouse in the house of a strange man.

1 Like

Martha

Netflix Documentary | 30 October

This definitive documentary on Martha Stewart pulls back the curtain on one of America’s greatest self-made icons, from her start as a teenage model to her stint as a Wall Street stockbroker to her reign as the grand dame of entertaining and good taste. Directed by R.J. Cutler (Elton John: Never Too Late, Billie Eilish: The World’s a Little Blurry, The September Issue), Martha draws on hundreds of hours of intimate interviews with Stewart and those from her inner circle, along with Stewart’s private archives of diaries, letters, and never-seen-before footage. The film illuminates Stewart’s upbringing in a working-class family, compels us to reconsider the scandal that sent her to prison, and heralds her post-prison reinvention as the original influencer who’s still captivating new generations of fans.

The Order

Cinema Release | 5 December

For over a year, a series of bold daylight bank robberies and armored car heists leaves law enforcement baffled and the public panicked throughout the Pacific Northwest. As the attacks become increasingly violent, FBI agent Terry Husk (Jude Law) becomes convinced that the robberies are the work of a domestic terrorist gang that plan to use the loot to finance an armed uprising against the U.S. government.

Based on a true story, The Order follows Husk and his team into the tangled world of white supremacists to try to head off a violent uprising that could shatter the nation. As the militia builds a war chest of over $4 million, Husk pursues the malevolent racist Bob Mathews to a final bloody standoff that will go down in U.S. history.

Intense stuff. Jude Law and Nicholas Holt look great in this trailer.

1 Like