PGA Tour 2K21-2K23

Do it! If you love golf games or even just the sport, it’s well worth it. It’s the reigning king of golf sims currently in my view and with the community courses and course designer, there’s nigh on unlimited content to play. There are even 2x South African courses that have been uploaded by community members so far. :slight_smile: Oh, and you can apparently import all Golf Club 2019 courses to 2K1K as well…

1 Like

Seems the game could really benefit from a “stat” system, you know, like build your player up and increase certain stats etc. Would that make it or break it in this game?

Not at all. Your “stat” increases are your own, real skill improving in the game. Different clubs from different brands have wildly different difficulty to use. So the better you get at the game, the better the clubs you’ll be able to use and master later on. You can then bump up the difficulty for the AI, weather and course conditions, as well as moving up to less forgiving swing mechanics.

Oh wow… so it’s more “sim-like” than the traditional approach that I’m used to, being the Tiger Woods titles. As mentioned before, I’ve also never played The Golf Club games. So a point of reference for me is difficult.

Thanks for the explanation and constantly asnwering my lingering questions :slight_smile:

No worries. This is also my maiden voyage in HB golf games and it also felt very foreign to me. I was also concerned about diluted content, difficult gameplay and so forth, but I really was pleasantly surprised by the whole package. As a Links and Tiger Woods (PC) veteran, I can wholeheartedly recommend this game.

1 Like

Great to know. Seems we very much have the same background. Mine started I think with Microsoft Golf (was that Links?) with the memorable commentary of, “looks like he, hit a tree, Jim”.

I was scanning through the subreddit earlier and looking at some of those custom player course, and wow, some of those look amazing!

Well, I was happy enough with yesterday’s effort and Steam achievement, but this morning I had an exceptional round ending at -16. Almost all birdies, with only 3 pars and this little beaut which unlocked an achievement:

4 Likes

So it’s pretty good…

1 Like

The game is quite realistic. I ended up in the trees and my round was ruined.

4 Likes

You got it?! I played another 3 rounds last night… It’s such an addictive game. Every day I can’t wait to fire up another round, which ends up being 3 rounds.

2 Likes

I’ll have to wait until the next sale unfortunately… I won’t be reimbursed for getting my window fixed or my doctors appointment until after the current one ends…

Won my first PGA Tour round. Finding this game strangely addictive.

1 Like

Add me as a friend for a few rounds :wink:

What difficulty are you playing on?

BTW, a PC reinstall saves your profile progress but not your golfer progress. So I am level 17 but my golfer had to do all the tutorials and make his way to the PGA tour

Just as I thought. Your experience is the same as mine. I’m 10 hours in and still addicted. I thought it would’ve passed by now.

Dude… I am loving it.

I have some strange scenarios whereby I will have some fantastic birdies back-to-back, then for some strange reason, I hit a few balls where they’re all timed as slow or very slow and this throws off my game. I can only contribute this to losing some focus or becoming complacent.

It is really fantastic how, to me at least (confirm?), every club and stroke type has a different feel to it. Been struggling to get the timing down on the wedges specifically, they seem to require a lot quicker swing or reaction time.

I excell at driving, I’m great with woods, can chip accurately with wedges and put as with laser sights, but my iron play is terrible. I just can’t get a straight shot with them and always misjudge the (lack of) roll after they hit a green.

haha… one of the first things I did was to remove the 5W and replaced it with a 3 Iron, I can’t believe this wasn’t part of the arsenal at default.

I often tend to slice my shots. I guess it has more to do with controller grip and my small hobbit hands, especially thumb on the right stick.

Got my reimbursement for my car window this morning. The sale on the playstation store changed from 34% off the base version to 30% off the deluxe version (which I’m not spending the extra on)…

They call it the ‘end of year’ sale, so I’m guessing I’ll only be able to get it next year :frowning:

Edit: Oh wait, maybe I can order it from my Canadian account
Works out to about R460!

1 Like

Alright, it is downloading now :smiley:

I’m just afraid I’ll neglect my pepper plants now

3 Likes

Welcome to the (golf) club!

2 Likes