PGA Tour 2K21-2K23

At least they’re responding quickly.

Anyone else besides @FarligOpptreden , @oltman, @Deadlypinecone and myself get the game on Steam? I’m guessing there’s no cross play, but there’s enough of us on Steam now that we could do a friendly four ball round or two sometime in December/January perhaps?

3 Likes

That sounds terrific!

1 Like

Yes yes! Fore!!!

1 Like

So my first ever round on the Korn Ferry Tour landed me first at a score of -5. I’m pretty chuffed with that, seeing as it’s been my first attempt at an HB golf game and I immediately jumped into amateur difficulty! I love the control scheme more than I thought I would, as I’ve always been partial to the 3-click system. This is finally the golf game I’ve been waiting for for years!

5 Likes

Got a response from 2Game to the query that I made when telling them to close my ticket which sort of confirms my “double check the dodgy new buyer from Africa” suspicions:

2 Likes

Dodgy because you are from Africa? Or just plain dodgy!

1 Like

The second. And proudly so!

2 Likes

That would be discrimination!

2 Likes

Damn, this game is soooo addictive. I managed to power through the Korn Ferry Tour, winning the first 3 events and getting an instant promotion to the PGA Tour. Yay! The rounds are quite short, taking around 20 mins at the most to get through 18 holes.

1 Like

It’s currently 34% off on PSN with a price of R659.

Yes, y’all got me intrigued as I have been playing the EA counterpart. I’ve struggled to find a good golf game since about Tiger Words PGATour a good few years back.

… Looks like he hit a tree Jim.

2 Likes

Get it. It really is very good. It’s been consuming all my game time since I got it and I keep obsessing about it. I’ve already sunk 7+ hours into it since buying it and can’t wait to play more.

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s about what a new floor fan costs, which my mom sent me money for.

I’ll have to consider the consequences, but it’s tempting!

1 Like

How does it compare to the EA counterpart? (if you’ve played those)

haha… at least then you can pretend you’re in the heat on the course while you play :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Or better still, set the wind setting to gale force.

1 Like

Seems like the Rory McIlroy in the EA library was thei last iteration in the golfing scene, so this is the one I have been playing. I didn’t realise it was 5 years old. Will look for some comparative videos.

I really wanted to play Rory McIlroy, but never got the opportunity to, as it was removed from digital stores when EA lost the PGA license. I did play a couple of Tiger Woods outings and this one is better in every aspect. Graphics are great, commentary doesn’t repeat often and feels natural, rounds are nice and fast and the control scheme is truly excellent. There’s loads of player customization, clubs to unlock or buy, gear to acquire, etc… All the hallmarks of good old EA PGA games. Plus a solid PGA Tour career mode.

2 Likes

Yeah same, I think I bought a few of them every year as they came along. Then I took a break and only recently tried Rory’s one since it became accessible via Game Pass. Kind of enjoying it, but it is very much the same formula.

This is a massive selling point as far as I’m concerned.

Watching some gameplay it looked like it was on fast forward, specifically after a shot, hopefully, this was just the streamer causing this. I don’t like that rushed approach, I wanna play it in as much of a natural form as possible. I love the chilling aspect of playing golf games.

Yeah, this is what I have been trying to gauge while watching gameplay, though nothing really hits home on how this works. It doesn’t look like the classic “3-click” approach and I get a sense the player is using the mouse (or thumbstick) to control the swing and pace of the swing, along with using it slice/hook the shot?

I never tried Golf Club.

1 Like

Exactly this. I’m a 3-click veteran myself and was very hesitant to try out an HB golf game. I was pleasantly surprised and can’t see myself 3-clicking ever again after using their control scheme. I didn’t even start on their beginner difficulty but immediately jumped into amateur difficulty and it hasn’t been an issue at all. I love the control you have over the club and ball using their proprietary control scheme and how natural it all feels.

You can fast-forward the flight and landing of the ball by holding “Y” on the controller, but I also prefer to let it roll out on its own pace. Even with the normal / full gameplay loop, an 18-hole round of the career mode takes only 20 minutes to complete.

Really? I wonder how they managed that seeing as EA had to stop selling it on all fronts due to the PGA license expiring. I’m tempted to grab a Series X on my one Vodacom line upgrade that’s due and will certainly give old Rory a bash on XBOX if I decide to take the plunge and grab the console.

2 Likes

Alright… You guys aren’t helping here! :sweat_smile:

Maybe I’ll pick it up for PS4, then see if I can sell a few things around the house that I want to get rid of for the fan later on…

lol you and me both

1 Like