Planet Zoo - Simulation Runs Wild

So I am really tempted to buying this game, so I want you guys to sell this to me, how is the game? is it worth the buy now that it is on a bit of a special?

1 Like

My opinion may be a bit biased here, but I do love Fontier Development. From playing other titles of theirs and their focus on system management, it’s the perfect little game for that Game-and-chill experience.

1 Like

The Good:

• Graphics looks awesome in the game
  • Sound design is amazing and music selection excellent
  • Management elements in the game is much better than Planet Coaster ever was, with a lot more depth and details
  • There is a massive selection of great animals to choose from
  • The building mechanics have been greatly improved from Planet Coaster

The Bad:

• Franchise mode is disappointing.
  • Online markets makes it impossible to buy certain animals for franchise zoo’s
  • Career is lacking

If you’re going to play it in sandbox mode, then this is a no-brainer, get it!

3 Likes

thanks for all the replies, I have now bought it, got myself the deluxe edition since I saw you get komodo dragons

2 Likes

Yeah agreed, this is where the heart of the game lies. The sheer posabilities of what you can do and build in your park, much like Planet Coaster, is endless.

2 Likes

been playing a while now… the game is a bit buggy hey, the tutorial got stuck, so I switched to sandbox, and when I now want to open my zoo, the guests get stuck in the entrance…

1 Like

Did you ever manage to solve this problem TT?

Are the getting stuck as in wont go past the entrance turnstiles and just stand all clustered together? Or are we talking like bugged, frozen?

If it’s the first, the only thing I can think of is something similar that I had happen in Planet Coaster - it might be the same issue in Planet Zoo. When it happened to me in PC I discovered that the entrance turnstiles are directional, and I had placed it the wrong way round :expressionless: Not sure if it works the same way in PZ though.

If it’s more the guests walk up to the entrance, hang around a bit, and then leave it could either be an issue with your entrances fees, or you may be opening a zoo that doesn’t have any exhibits yet? If it is this sort of issue, try hovering over and then clicking on one of the guests to see their thoughts - that’ll tell you why they won’t enter.

yes should have said, managed to fix the problem, the pre built entrance when you start a map is completely delete-able, so I just delete the starting spawn areas an turnstiles, then just placed my own, will take a screenshot and show precisely. Got a 4 star zoo so far :D, though not very difficult in sandbox mode XD
EDIT:
black mats with the planet icons are the spawn points, and then the entrances go both ways.

Original spawn points were inside of this semi-deleted building, on the left and right.

1 Like

Planet Zoo’s seventh animal DLC pack is out - The North America Animal Pack contains 8 new animals: the American Beaver, the Moose, the California Sea Lion, the Cougar, the American Alligator, the Black-tailed Prairie Dog, the Arctic Fox, and the American Bullfrog.

To celebrate the DLC release, in typical Frontier fashion, both the Standard and Deluxe Editions of the game are on sale for a week with a decent 60% off discount (on Steam at least). There’s also smaller (44%-46%) discounts on the Premium and Ultimate Editions (which include DLC packs). Individual DLC packs (other than the new one obviously) are also slightly discounted at the moment.

1 Like

I stil have hopes of this coming to console.

1 Like

Well, they (Frontier Dev I mean) did manage to get Planet Coaster into a decent console port form. That said, it did take something like 4 years after the PC release. And Planet Zoo was released a couple of years after PlanCo, and is arguably more complex. I guess on that basis, a console PlanZoo could be on the cards for late 2022/2023. But I’d imagine only to Series X|S and PS5 - doubt they’d bother with working on a last gen version.

Fully agree with you, just not sure why you say it’s arguably more complex, or I’m not sure how. But yeah, I get what you’re saying and agree it would likely only come to new-gen consoles, if it did that is.

Frontier has always done the translation of their controls very well considering the sheer amount of button mappings and the limited availability on a controller, through the use of button combos. I can’t think of any other devs that do this on consoles.

is anyone still actively playing this? mine was a bit buggy when I tried playing it, I couldn’t even complete the tutorial since it bugged out. :frowning:

In terms of the computational side of things really was my meaning. P.Coaster is fundamentally park visitors, park rides, scenery parts, and basic economic management. P.Zoo is all that and a range of differences in terms of each different species - habitat needs, habitat sizes, even down to specific plants and vegetation required in each habitat to ensure animal happiness. Add to that the genetic breeding information, and the “multiplayer” inter-zoo animal trading marketplace, and a larger amount of financial, personnel, research and maintenance management tasks, and you have a more complex game.

1 Like

New DLC Pack out on the 18th - Planet Zoo: Twilight Pack

What goes bump in the night? It’s five new crepuscular species for your Zoo’s to enjoy!

Give a warm welcome to everyone’s favourite bandit, the mischievous Raccoon. Gasp at the cuteness of one of the most beloved Australian marsupials, the Common Wombat. Sneak through the Twilight with the ever-clever Red Fox, but be careful of the Striped Skunk! And last, but certainly not least, take flight with the Egyptian Fruit Bat as we bring you an all-new exclusive feature, Walkthrough Exhibits.

1 Like

Has anyone played it recently, is it still a bit buggy? I remember I could not play through the tutorial and my entrances got bugged in sandbox mode, so I kinda just gave up on the game, but does anyone know how it is recently?

Also just a random thought, but I wish there was a Planet Zoo, but for sea life, like a Water park Aquarium thing.

2 Likes

The game is much more stable than always and while there is the very infrequent issue I’ve seem, nothing so spectacular that I couldn’t continue playing.

Also you may be interested in the following…

2 Likes

Haven’t run it for quite a while now, but don’t remember any of the early glitches then.

Not close to a full on water park builder but another one for you to have a look at if it’s the fishies you’re fond of:

It’s more fish tank simulator and fish store management than anything else but looks like it could be a bit of fun for under R100, if that sort of thing interests you.

1 Like

What is the age restriction? This could be traumatic!

2 Likes

Oh, that’s a fair point. Didn’t think of that. There’s definitely a chance of upsetting the little ones here and there. I saw in one of the videos that there’s a mission to restore an old, abandoned tank that starts with you having to scoop out the dead fish and dispose of them.

I guess if you manage things carefully and do the dirty work in the dead of night (much like in real life I guess) you could let the youngsters see the tanks once they’re up and running and let them feed the fish and rearrange the decor.

1 Like