Rise of Industry β€” producing the ultimate tycoon game

Be the tycoon you've always wanted to be. In Rise of Industry, a strategic tycoon game, you assume the role of an industrialist building an empire.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/rise-of-industry/
2 Likes

Oh damn this game looks right up my alley. I’m definitely putting this on my wishlist.

4 Likes

Looks awesome. I had seen it before and also thought it was a Transport Tycoon clone. The depth makes it so much more appealing to me.

1 Like

Whoo! This looks pretty darn good! Wishlisted!

1 Like

I wish they’d make a modern version of Transport Tycoon. It was simple but deep, with addictive and easily understood game mechanics. Chris Sawyer was a true mastermind.

Maybe they can even just update OpenTTD with a modern graphics engine (Unity or Unreal would suffice) and streamline the interface, but keep the mechanics in place. I’d play that game for months on end.

2 Likes

I have such great childhood memories about games like Transport Tycoon and Sim City. Best of luck to these devs β€” this is already looking like a great game.

1 Like

i played Transport Tycoon to death, way back when!

1 Like