AMD Ryzen CPUs

Personally realy liking the look of the 3700x

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-3000-specification-price,38731.html

4 Likes

When the day comes for me to finally upgrade my processor I’m definitely keen on going the Ryzen route.

2 Likes

I upgraded 2 years ago and I doubt I will be allowed to do it again soon… But the Ryzens have been looking impressive!

1 Like

Keep in mind all of these listings and prices are unconfirmed; AMD will apparently only reveal Zen 2 / Ryzen 3000 in July. Still, Here’s hoping this generation will take the fight to Intel even more than the previous ones did.

I’ve never had an AMD CPU. Maybe one day I’ll give it a shot when I need to upgrade if they’re still looking good.

1 Like

The best is to buy what make sense given your budget and performance needs. The reason I’ve stuck with AMD is that they offer killer value for money if you’re on a budget, plus their tendency to not switch socket designs every 18 months like Team Blue certainly helps you get more life out of a system. Ryzen has certainly rewarded my brand loyalty.

Ultimately though, more competition means we as the consumers will benefit. Intel needs to up their game, especially where pricing is concerned.

3 Likes

Expected to be officially announced at computex in june and launched in July. Rumored date is 7 July.

1 Like

Yeah, 7th of the 7th for 7nm. Navi launch apparently scheduled for the same time. Either way, I would be cautious about any pricing or final clock speed information shown at the moment.

Looking like computex will be where the official announcement happens.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-president-and-ceo-dr-lisa-su-to-deliver-computex-2019-ceo-keynote.html

2 Likes

As expected, yes. Can’t wait!

Claims of 15% ipc gains over ryzen 2000.

Asus have announced which of their mobo’s will get bios updates.

1 Like

Glad to see my B350 is on that list. Truth be told, I’m more excited about a Navi replacement for my RX580, but if these IPC and frequency claims are true, Intel’s lead in gaming will be well and truly gone.

1 Like

BioStar has leaked their 570x board. PCIE 4, memory support 4000mhz. Interesting they are using an active fan to cool the chipset.

1 Like

Interesting indeed. I’ve never been a fan of Biostar’s products; maybe the Asus / MSi / ASRock / Gigabyte boards will have passive cooling.

1 Like

Q3 launch for Navi and Ryzen 3000 confirmed by AMD, if anyone still had doubts. So we’ll hopefully have our hands on the new products sometime after July.

1 Like

Looking like the 570x mobo’s are going to have active cooling.
Buildzoid claims from what he has heard the mobo’s are getting too hot under certain circumstances.

The colourfull one also has a active chipset fan.

1 Like

Huh. This is interesting. I wonder that fan is aimed at? It doesn’t look like the CPU VRM circuitry; that typically sits above and to the left of the CPU socket. I assume it’s the mobo controller chipset underneath all that cooling.

MSI Carbon AC and Gaming plus also leaked. Both also have the active fan . Looking very likely that most x570 mobo’s are going to be sporting active cooling.

1 Like

Here’s a juicy rumour for you. Let’s hope it’s true!

1 Like

Liking the look of the Ace.