AMD Ryzen CPUs

Price is apparently $749. Launching september compared to the rest.

1 Like
2 Likes

That looks like an absolute beast. Iā€™ll settle for the midrange chips though, they should be plenty fast enough. Canā€™t wait for reviews!

1 Like

I am waiting for the reviews to see what difference if any there will be in gaming between the 8 core chips and the 12. If there isnā€™t much difference will settle for the cheaper 8 core for now. Can always upgrade the 12/16 later on.

2 Likes

x570 mobo pricing are killersā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, the new boards are apparently rather pricey, what with PCIe Gen 4 support and apparently higher quality VRM for the big 16 core monsters. Still, there are less costly options; you donā€™t have to buy a Crosshair or MEG Godlike.

Some more juicy performance leaks. July 7 is getting ever closerā€¦

That R5 3600 looks mighty tasty. Personally I would not spend a lot more than that on an upgrade.

4 Likes

Launch day! Reviews are starting to trickle in.

1 Like

Looking good so far!

2 Likes

And so AMD came through on their promises it seems. It is really good to see the Ryzen 3000 chips performing so well. And they are really good value.

I checked this morning, and Rebel Tech is fully sold out on all the new Ryzen 5, 7, and 9 SKUā€™s. Wootware is out on the 7 and 9, and Evetech looks like their stock is also drying up very quickly.

1 Like

Cool, so stock is shifting quickly! The 3600X is already Amazonā€™s best selling CPU:

Personally Iā€™ll wait until pricing and supply stabilises before deciding on an upgrade, if any.

CPU pricing is ok.

The Moboā€™s pricing are killers thought. Will probably cause my upgrade to be delayed a month or two.

1 Like

Is there a specific reason for getting X570 apart from future proofing?

Iā€™d say probably no. If you donā€™t see yourself needing PCIe 4.0 and can get the firmware updated on an older mobo, then why not?

1 Like

I agree. I wanted to know from @Stefan if he has a reason for buying X570.

For me personally I would never buy a prevision version of tech when a newer version is available. I rather save a bit longer and get the newer version.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fair. If you donā€™t have an existing board that supports the CPU you want, and are willing to spend the money for the newer ones, all well and good. High end X370 or X470 owners should probably think twice before buying X570 though.

1 Like

Agree with that. Sadly being on kabby lake means whichever way I go with an upgrade requires a mobo upgrade.

1 Like

Good news for first or second gen Ryzen mobo owners: The new CPUā€™s will run just fine on even B350 boards. Just donā€™t try and OC the high-end ones.

2 Likes

For those who were looking for a 3700x vs 3800x comparison.

1 Like