Showing off your wheels

A road test I read claimed the total efficiency is around 7.8 l/100km when using both petrol and electric engines. The electric range is around 42km, which should last me about a week’s school run. Has a phenomenal 0-100 speed of 5.2s! You won’t be lacking grunt in that machine, all while cruising away in luxury and style.

I’ll be insanely jealous if you snag that machine, but at the same time very happy for you!

2 Likes

Sounds like Motorite wants to know nothing about providing a maintenance plan for the twin engine Volvo. It isn’t really the kind of vehicle I can risk driving without one. Even my A6, a “cheap” service like the 105,000km would have cost R13,000 without maintenance plan.
Will check with other insurers to see if there are any other options. I do prefer the D5 though, but this one is so nicely specced… and blue.

2 Likes

You might find a D5 with nice spec. Look for an Inscription trim if you can. Most Inscriptions were quite fully loaded.

1 Like

Ok, so I decided to go with the T8 R-Design. Had one booked and then another sales person at the dealership sold it. But then found an identical one that is just a year older.
The electric engine only lasts for 20-30km though so I’d be interested to know how the overall consumption works out on a long distance trip. The specs just say 2.1L / 100km.

Decent 7-seater SUVs are scarce.

3 Likes

JEALOUS! Share pics!!!

1 Like

I don’t have it yet as I still need to sort out a warranty claim on my current car which should be resolved this coming week, but at least I’ve put down a deposit so long.
Here are some pictures from the site where it was advertised though.

8 Likes

Finally able to charge my car. Had to buy a special adapter and then modify it so that the charging cable could fit. It uses a two-point plug, but with an earth. Seems like they are common in Europe, but here not so much.
Charging for 4 hours should give me about 20-30km range on electric. Once that runs out, the car is rather heavy on fuel (15L/100km in town), but we’ll only use it for long distance and extremely short distances so it isn’t a big deal.

9 Likes

Pics of the car in all its glory please!

6 Likes

As requested

7 Likes

Ah, a thing of beauty. You can’t tell me you’re NOT impressed with the quality and performance of that beast?

4 Likes

That’s magnificent! Love the colour. Wish you and the family many, many miles of safe and happy motoring!

Also:

:laughing:

6 Likes

Haha… I put the sign up. It is the gate to our new property. They came to deliver bricks the other day and then someone parked there blocking the entrance. Quite a mission to track down the driver because all the houses in the estate has gates with no doorbell to ring or doors to knock on. Went to get the sign made that same day.

3 Likes

The performance is nice, especially when both engines kick in. Very similar to my previous car, although I won’t try cornering at high speeds with this one. This is the Polestar modified version so I think with short term acceleration, it probably pulls better than the Audi 3.0 TDI (maybe even my old GTI).

Now that I’m able to charge the battery, I’ve been driving about two days on battery and would only need to go to petrol if I leave Centurion. I then plug it straight in when I get home if the sun is still shining.

The interior is very nicely done. My only issue is the excessive reliance on touch screen, but that is most car brands these days including VW. In general, looking away from the road to operate a touch screen is a very bad idea, but I guess I’ll be driving at slower speeds in this car anyway so I guess it isn’t a train-smash (and most likely not a car-smash either).

4 Likes

But for what reason do you need to operate anything while driving? I find the climate control to be perfect and I just operate the radio / music with the buttons on the steering wheel. I guess you also have the HUD, which allows you to always keep your eyes on the road and never even look at the speedo or nav instructions.

3 Likes

Well, one would be when you’re coming up to a truck with lots of smoke and you want to change the setting to let the air circulate in the car to avoid the gasses outside from entering the car. That’s mostly what I was referring to as you need to open the aircon screen and then tap the circulate option. I guess it would be better once I’m more used to the car, but the first time I needed it, it was quite a search to find it while driving.

2 Likes

Bought a Corsa Utility 1.8 Sport just over a month ago primarily for the dog.

Always wanted a small pickup thats car like, the corsa was the logical choice, NP200 is too crap and the chev utility is just downright ugly imo, so i went with the corsa obviously its a 15 year old vehicle so i did some maintenance on it, but im glad i bought it now cause i see the prices are climbing and quite a few of those top spec ones are still going in the 120k price range online.

6 Likes

I love how we justify a car - for the dog :stuck_out_tongue:

They rule our lives hey, enjoy the car tho!

2 Likes

Camper loaded. Everyday drive converted to holiday machine.

9 Likes

That looks slick man! Would shmaak to have a jammie like dat.

2 Likes

Where you going?

2 Likes