Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order & Survivor

This is what its come down to people. @DieGrootHammer has turned into a giant troll.

4 Likes

you can see the titanfall DNA in there. Respawn seems to love wallrunning

1 Like

Wel… wall running is cool! :grin:

It actually gave me a more Prince of Persia vibe with it being 3rd person.

1 Like

A couple of Star Wars YouTubers and fansites got the opportunity to meet with J:FO devs and were given a bit of hands-on time with parts of the game. Here’s two of them giving their thoughts on the experience:

HelloGreddo:

Star Wars Explained:

1 Like

Another video about how the game that was shown at E3 is not a full representation about the actual game. It is weird that they didn’t show all the mechanics that the game actually has, because even here a few people have commented that the game didn’t look too exciting. Still a pre-order for me absolutely

1 Like

im definately getting this !!!

When its on special :grinning:

3 Likes

More fresh gameplay and lots of info on mechanics, movement, combat, abilities and characters.

Reminders about JFO’s status on the Origin / EA Access subscriptions, especially as the games’ sales page still gives no indication of this…

(Info confirmed by EA Community Manager in the official forums)

• At launch (15 November) the game will be available to only Origin Access Premier (PC) subscribers.
  • Origin Access Premier subscribers will get access to the Deluxe Edition of the game.
  • Standard Access (PC) and EA Access (Xbox) subscribers will not have the game added to their libraries. The term “at launch” has been mentioned, so there is a possibility that it will be made available to standard subs further down the line, but zero confirmation or guarantee of that happening any time soon.
  • Standard Origin Access and EA Access subs do get a 10% discount if they purchase the game.
  • Unlike other Access Premier releases, there will be no 3/5 day early access period to the game. This is to avoid the game and story being spoiled for everyone else.
  • Release time for South Africa is confirmed to be at 1AM on Sunday, 15 November.

If you’re on PC but not a Access Premier member and really want the game but would prefer not spend the R1050 to buy it, you could opt to take a 1-month Access Premier Membership a day or two Before the 15th for R200 instead. (https://www.origin.com/zaf/en-us/store/origin-access)

And if by some strange quirk you are actually thinking of spending R1050 to buy the game, I’d suggest throwing in an additional R150 and taking a 1-year Access Premier sub. That way you get access to JFO and all of the other games in, and to be added to, the Access library for a full year.

1 Like

Thanks Mr Frugal! Some good advice!

1 Like

Pre-load from tonight at 8:00 PM. Global live release on Friday at 1:00 AM. Or more realistically, post-work. (And before and after the Most Epic Podcast 0.2 and @Entity’s Friday evening live stream of course. Priorities people! :slight_smile: )

5 Likes

I know i shouldn’t be excited but i hope the game doesn’t become boring and repetitive after the first hour

Edit: And so it has begun

3 Likes
2 Likes

So, did anyone stay up until 1AM to play? Review embargo has lifted…

Opencritic: 89% Recommended

Metacritic: 90% (PC) / 85% (XB) / 84% (PS)

GamesRadar: 4/5 - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order might take ideas liberally from others, but the result is an endearing adventure that ranks as EA’s best Star Wars effort yet.

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-review/

GameSpot: 8/10 - By increasing difficulty, ratcheting back Force powers, and developing compelling characters, Jedi: Fallen Order delivers a worthy expansion to the Star Wars galaxy.

EuroGamer: Not Scored - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order initially delivers well-paced combat and unique environments, but unravels into a tedious and repetitive slog.

Polygon: Not Scored - Jedi: Fallen Order is a flawed, sometimes messy game, but it’s a Star Wars experience I didn’t know I wanted. And after finishing it, I definitely want more.

The Verge: Not Scored - Jedi: Fallen Order shows that a good Star Wars games doesn’t have to be original. Part Zelda, part Tomb Raider, part Uncharted — all Star Wars.

4 Likes

Staying up until 1AM…

3 Likes

Really happy to see the positive response to the game. Looks to be about 20 hours of solid and engaging gameplay and storyline.

Looking forward to playing it one day.

2 Likes

So i caved and got it yesterday. Played about the first 2 hours or so and my god what an experience so far. Respawn nailed it. combat is good, exploration is good, story is compelling at this point in time. Absolutely loving it. I cannot wait to continue the journey.

3 Likes

I am suffering from some major FOMO on this game. I really can’t buy it now but damn, the positive buzz is great to see. Respawn at the moment can do no wrong. I hope this game sells a crap ton of copies and ensures EA keeps the Star Wars license with people that can actually make a good game.

5 Likes

Do you think they could make a decent flight sim? Imagine a modern incarnation of X-Wing / TIE Fighter… Not the half-baked arcade nonsense included with Battlefront, mind you.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for this to make it to EA access, or is it there already?

1 Like